September 28, 2022
- Monday, October 10th and 11th: Continous Improvement Conference (student holidays)
- Wednesday, October 12th: Principal Coffee Talk at HCBC Steiner (***CANCELED***) & 6:00 at FPMS (STILL SCHEDULED).
- Friday, October 14th: Last Day of 1st Nine Weeks
- Friday, October 21st: Report Cards available on Home Access Center; Fall School Pictures
Opportunities at River Ridge
We are also looking for some great new additions to our already stellar staff. If you find any of these opportunities interesting, please feel to contact me (email@example.com), Gareth Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Dorothy Yip (email@example.com).
- Special Education Instructional Assistant Position - This job opportunity would focus on working with students who receive special education services. We are also open to a job share opportunity with two individuals interested in part-time work.
- Permanent Substitute - We have been granted the opportunity again to hire a permanent sub for the year. This position has been a lifesaver in the past. The substitute would report to school each morning and sub wherever the need is for the day. In the past, we have utilized this position to sub in classes where there were last-minute emergencies, vacancies, and needs around the school. It would require you to be an official substitute for Leander ISD by applying and going through substitute training. We are also open to a job share opportunity with two individuals interested in splitting this position.
Let’s Learn with Superintendent Bruce Gearing: Elections
In an effort to create educational awareness about the November ballot, Leander ISD is hosting a series of conversations. Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D., will lead a discussion about Propositions A & B over the next several weeks ahead of the November 8 election.
Due to sizable recent increases in property appraisals across our region, the district’s property values have reached a point that has triggered two elections: an Attendance Credit Election (ACE) and a Voter-Approval Tax Rate Election (VATRE).
We encourage the community at-large to learn more about these ballot issues during the following opportunities:
Friday, Sept. 30 – 8:00 am at Hill Country Bible Church, Cedar Park
Wednesday, Oct. 5 – 12 pm, virtual Zoom webinar (link coming soon
Wednesday, Oct. 19 – 6:30 pm, Facebook LIVE
Friday, Oct. 21 – 12 pm at LISD LEO Conference Center
Wednesday, Oct. 26 – 6:30 pm, virtual Zoom webinar (link coming soon)
Please use this link Let’s Learn with Bruce: Elections to let us know you’re attending. While sign-up is not required, it helps us plan for how many participants to expect.
We have provided a number of Prop A & B resources as well as voting information.
Interested in having a voice in the district’s future? We NEED River Ridge Reps!
- High Schools
- Middle Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Ancillary Services
Live Rattler News
Would you like to check out our live announcements brought to us by the Rattler News Crew? Feel free to join us Monday-Friday 7:30 - 7:40 each day.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Car Flow Map
River Ridge Destination Imagination Teams are forming now! Does your 3rd-5th grade child like to build, design, invent, create, perform, and work with a team to solve challenges? If so, he or she might be interested in participating in Destination Imagination (DI). Destination Imagination (DI) is an extracurricular, LISD-sponsored program that fosters creativity, team-based problem-solving skills and life skills for students. Leander ISD Destination Imagination is open to all students in 3rd-12th grade. Registration forms are available here, or outside either of the QUEST rooms (Ms. Renner or Ms. Harold). Your child does not need to be in QUEST to participate.
If you are interested in learning more about Destination Imagination, please visit the River Ridge Elementary Destination Imagination webpage, or contact Myra Harold (Myra.Harold@leanderisd)
Registration forms are due Thursday, Oct. 6, 2022 to Ms. Harold (Myra.Harold@leanderisd) via email, or in person. We will form as many teams as we have managers to manage them. It helps to get your form in early.