The Juliano Journal
Week of February 16-19
We have received the dates for the PARCC tests that the students will be taking beginning Monday, March 7th. We will take each test starting right at 9am. It is SO important that your child arrives to school on time the days that we are testing. The following are the dates that our class will be testing.
- Monday, March 7th: Reading 1
- Wednesday, March 9th: Reading 2
- Friday, March 11th: Reading 3a
- Monday, March 14th: Reading 3b
- Thursday, March 17th: Math 1
- Monday, March 21st: Math 2
- Wednesday, March 23rd: Math 3
- Tuesday, April 5th: Math 4
Since this is the first time the students will be taking the PARCC tests, we have spent time in class discussing the tests and practicing sample problems. I encourage you to visit the following websites to help you and your child become familiar with the format of the test:
- Sample items: Use the sample items to try out test questions on the technology platform that students will use when taking the computer-based tests. http:// parcc.pearson.com/sample-items/
- Practice tests: Use the practice tests to simulate the experience of taking a PARCC test.http://parcc.pearson.com/ practice-tests/
- Tutorials: Use tutorials to experiment with the navigation, accommodated features, and tools available for computer-based assessments. http://parcc.pearson.com/tutorial
Have a fantastic weekend! :)
Just a reminder that the interview with an immigrant assignment is due on Monday. If your child cannot find someone to interview, please either email me or send in a note with your child. Thanks!
Next week we will be discussing the water cycle and students will be creating a poster to explain how water progresses through the water cycle.
Monday, February 22nd: Immigrant Interview DueWednesday, February 24th: Early Release Day- 2pm Dismissal
Monday, February 29th: February Reading Log Due