Baltz Weekly Announcements
March 12, 2023
Things to Know this Week:
Hello Baltz Families,
We had such a great turnout for Math Night on Thursday Evening. Our staff had so much fun with your families! We hope you got some ideas to practice math skills in some fun ways!
Next big family event is the PTA's Books and Bingo Event on March 30th. Reservations are required. You can sign up by clicking on this link.
Days for Specials- Students should wear sneakers for the day when they have Phys. Ed.
Monday = Day 5
Tuesday = Day 1
Wednesday = Day 2
Thursday = Day 3
Friday = Day 4
Important Upcoming Dates
- Link to the Year-Long Calendar at a Glance.
Please come through the car line if you are driving to pick your child up.
Do not park your car in the neighborhood to pick up/drop off children
Please drive slowly when you are near the school.
Sunday Storytime will return soon with a new episode!
View this newsletter in other languages. Ver este boletín en otros idiomas.
A Message from Ms. Crouthamel, our Physical Education Teacher
Get ready for the American Heart Association’s Kids Heart Challenge (KHC)! This year, our school will be learning about staying strong in body and mind, we’ll get moving with fun activities, meet kids with special hearts and raise funds for the health of all hearts. Plus, they’ll feel good for doing good!
You can get your family involved in the Challenge at home by downloading the Kids Heart Challenge App or visiting heart.org/KHC to register today and earn your own BE THE TORCH WRISTBAND so you can help light the way!
Once you've registered, start Finn’s Mission and complete the challenges. As a family you can help to create a community of lifesavers by learning the lifesaving steps of Hands-Only CPR. It’s quick, easy, and fun! Learn more about Finn and his special challenge HERE.
The Donation collection Window is now through March 24th!
Thank you for keeping more hearts beating strong!
An Important Message about Delaware Medicaid Plans
The Red Clay Consolidated School District would like to make you aware of the following.
During the first half of the school year the State of Delaware may have switched Medicaid plans for some families without their knowledge. Due to this change some services are being denied.
If you have been enrolled in Delaware First Health (aka-Centene) and would like to switch back to your previous managed care organization, you have until April 1, 2023. You can contact the Health Benefit Manager (HBM) at 1-800-996-9969. This hotline has faced a significant call volume in recent weeks.
If you want to make sure the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services has your most up-to-date information, you can call the Medicaid Change Report Center at 302-571-4900. Delaware Medicaid recipients can also update their contact information at assist.dhss.delaware.gov
Click Below to View the Year's Calendar At a Glance.
Recurring Information - Included for Your Reference
Recurring Reminders below. Scroll down past the General Reminders. There is a lot of information included that you will need for the upcoming weeks.
Some General Reminders:
- The doors open and car line begins to unload at 8:45 sharp. There is no supervision for children before this time.
- School begins at 9 am. Students who arrive after this time are tardy. Please have your students arrive on time.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and Lunch at Baltz.
- If you are driving to Baltz, you should join the car line. No parents should park on adjoining streets and walk over to drop off/pick up children. Families must join the car line if you are arriving at Baltz to pickup/drop off by car.
- If your child's dismissal routine is different for a day, please call the office and dojo the teacher so that your child will be dismissed in the correct location for pickup.
Student Based Health Center
The School Day
School Day is 9:00- 3:40. Doors open at 8:45 am. Dismissal begins at 3:40 pm.
The doors open at 8:45 each day. The front doors open for walkers and bus riders to enter the building and the car line begins moving each day at 8:45 am, sharp. There is NO SUPERVISION for students before 8:45am. For the safety of all, students should not arrive on campus until 8:45am. Students will have the opportunity for Grab and Go breakfast and to be in their classroom for the start of instruction at 9 am. It is so important that students are in their classroom for the start of instruction.
- Bus Riders will de-board the bus in the front circle and enter the front doors.
- Walkers will come to the front door to enter the building.
- Parents of Car Riders will enter the car line on the district side of the building to drop off your child(ren) in the back lot. Please have your child ready to exit the passenger side of the car. Staff will be present to open the doors and assist students as they get out of the car.
Our parking lot is very busy in the morning. Parents will not be allowed to enter the parking lot in the morning to drop off children, all cars should come through Car Line. Parking nearby and walking over is not permitted. These routines are designed to keep everyone safe.
In order to provide safety for all of our students, we have a closed campus beginning at 3:15. No students will be released for early dismissal after 3:15 unless it has been pre-arranged with the office.
Our dismissal will begin at 3:40 p.m. At Dismissal:
- Family members who are meeting walkers should meet them by the gated area near the little playground.
- Parents who arrive by car should join the car line. Parking nearby and walking over is not permitted.
- For parents of children picking up by car, please stay in your car and enter the car line on the district side of the building.
- Bus riders will be escorted to the bus by staff members.
Dress Code and Supplies for School
Uniforms and Supplies 22-23
What is the Baltz Dress Code? Guidelines: Students should wear clean clothes that are free of holes/rips and are weather-appropriate for the season. Sweaters, Sweatshirts, Tops: Shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts should be clean and have school-appropriate words and pictures, covering skin complet...
Please send your child with a bookbag and pencils.
View the link for other suggested supplies for each grade. These are optional.
We do not require uniforms but do have Dress Code Guidelines
Breakfast and Lunch
There is no charge for breakfast or lunch for Baltz students. Additionally, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable snacks will be provided to all students twice a week. Other snacks may be available for students to purchase during lunches.
Chromebooks for Learning
K-2 students will have chromebooks in school. Students in 3-5 will take them from home to school.
This year students in grades K, 1 and 2 will have access to Chromebooks for learning in their classrooms while students in grades 3, 4, and 5 will bring their devices back and forth from home to school.
Signed Technology Agreements and Insurance Payments will be required for students in grades 3, 4, and 5, only.
Once the agreement and payments have been received, Chromebooks will be distributed to students. It is important that your child charges their Chromebook at home each night and then brings it back to school the next day.
Agreements will be available during the Meet and Greet and during the first week of school.
Links to the Agreements are included below for your convenience, if you'd like to print/sign/return to the office.
Online forms for the Technology Agreement will be:
Click here to access English (only for students in grades 3-5)
Click here to access Spanish (only for students in grades 3-5)
Click here to access the English Technology Agreement (only for students in grades 3-5)
Click here to access the Spanish Technology Agreement (only for students in grades 3-5)
Payment Directions- cash/check payable to the school. Credit Card payments available online.
English Directions for online payments for Tech Insurance ($20 for students in grades 3-5)
Spanish Directions for online payments for Tech Insurance ($20 for students in grades 3-5)
- Remind your student to wear their badges daily to scan onto the bus as they board in the mornings and the afternoons.
- Would you like to track the location of your child's bus? Sign up for the free Where's the Bus App!
- Click Create Account
- Select Red Clay School District (DE) from the school drop-down list.
- Add the student info (Last Name and Student ID) for the student you want to signup
- Finish the account set up by entering your email and creating a password