University of California, Los Angeles, Established in 1919.
Why consider UCLA as your future university?
According to an article published on 2014 by U.S. News named "Best Global Universities Rankings", UCLA is ranked number 4 out of all the public universities in the world, and number 8 overall.
UCLA is excellent in the academic area as well as in many others. UCLA offers more than 5,000 courses in 109 academic departments with 125 major.
UCLA is the largest UC campus in terms of enrollment, bu don't worry!! 70% of UCLA's undergraduate classes have 30 or less students increasing your personal engagement with teachers and counselors.
Information about admitions
- The application deadline is November 30th
- The average GPA for admitted freshman is of 4.25, even though there is at least a 3.0 GPA required.
- The average scores on the SAT for admitted freshman is between 1760 and 2140.
- The estimated yearly cost is of $34,752.
- 55% of students receive financial aid.
- UCLA is the most applied-to school in the nation.
- There is an a-g requirement for every student.
- The acceptance rate is of 18.6%
- 63.90% of California residents applicants are accepted each year. That is more than HALF!!
UCLA was founded in 1919 as the Southern Branch of the University of California.
ON CAMPUS LIVING
39% of overall students and 94% of freshmen, live in university housing.
Here in L.A. you will always find something fun to do.
Los Angeles is surrounded by many interesting and famous locations like, Malibu, Santa Monica, Long Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, and many others.
- 39% of the students live on campus.
- The estimated tuition cost for students living on campus is of $13,806.There is many ways to get involved and live an unforgettable UCLA experience as a student.
- There is more than 800 clubs to join and lots of great events throughout the year.
- The most popular event is the Bruin Bash annual festival. This event starts off the school year and welcomes all new students by offering many fun activities, orientation workshops, and by hosting a concert that has featured performers like Jay-Z, T.I., and LMFAO in past years. This year the concert will feature Chance The Rapper and Kandace Springs.
- There is also an online calendar, where you can find all the events and activities that UCLA offers throughout the year for it's students.
- UCLA is home of the brown bears (aka bruins).
- The colors of the school are blue and gold.
- The motto of this school is to create, disseminate, preserve, and apply knowledge for the betterment of the global society.
- There is a "Spirit Squad" that will help you find ways to be more involved and have a lot of UCLA spirit.