The Bruin Blast
Labor Omnia Vincit
Week #14: December 7th-11th
Review the Habits of Mind: Synergize
Our students may challenge the norm; therefore, think differently, act courageously and make your mark!
CLIMATE SURVEY DUE DECEMBER 11th
- 3/4 lesson plans were aligned with the objectives that were written in the classroom but may not have been aligned to the curriculum maps
- Level of rigor needs to be increased
- Students need to understand the concept being taught.
Oran Roberts Visit
- Classrooms environment is positve
- Anchor charts were referred to during lessons, small group instruction or referenced by students while in center work
- Data tracking is evident in 100% of the classrooms visited
- In some classes, students demonstrated/ talked through how they use their data to move to their centers
Executive Director Visit
- Classroom environment positive
- Classrooms were organized
Overall Next Steps:
- Increase level of rigor
- Use question stems to plan lessons to have better alignment between lesson and what is end of year expectations for students
TORSH Assignment #2: Multiple Response Strategies
- Download the app T Uploader on your iPhone/iPad/android. You can also plan to record your video with your school laptop.
- Also, the instructional coaches can come in and help you record! Or have Ms. Iwasko come and install the Swivl so you can record remotely with high-quality sound.
- Record a 5-minute video where we can see one or more Multiple Response Strategies (M.R.S.)
- Upload your video to the TORSH website (either through the app on your phone, or directly to the website)
- Watch your video and self-reflect using time-stamped notes/comments on your video. If you need any assistance, contact your Grade/Level Chair or Leadership Team.
On December 7th we will have our Professional Development led by the Ed-Fellows in the Library at 4:15 p.m. You will learn how to share your video with a partner in your grade level, to give/receive effective feedback and continue increasing our quality of instruction. Make sure that you have your 5-minute video uploaded to TORSH, as well as your reflection of at least one grow and one glow as time-stamped notes (comments).
Your preparation for this day is a key step for the success of the embedded P.D!
Just a reminder to send the instructions and log-in information home so that our students have another opportunity to continue practicing their reading skills through I-Station. Below is the minimum criteria for “Good I-Station Usage”
· 90 minutes per week for Tier 3
· 60 minutes per week for Tier 2
· 30 minutes per week for Tier 1
After students complete their I-Station assessments for December, it’s a good time to show them how much they’ve progressed and make a new goal for January. If they have not made progress, then they also need to reflect on specific to take to improve.
Now that your students have been assessed and a routine of reading has been established, here are some important things to discuss with your students:
§ It is essential that students understand the importance of using Achieve 3000
§ Once a Lexile level has been determined, the student must read four articles with at least 75% accuracy for the level to increase
§ It is critical that students read each article carefully before answering questions
§ Encourage students to read each question twice before answering
§ Monitor students often to ensure that they stay on task
§ Have students set a SMART goal for themselves and track their data
We celebrate the GREATNESS in you!!
"Thank you to Mr. Tamarez for allowing me to record his lesson on Monday for a homework assignment that I had to turn in today to Carnegie Learning Academy. The homework was about seeing Math Process Standards in action in a lesson. We observed 5/7! Keep it up!" - Alicia Iwasko
Got a birthday coming up? A milestone to celebrate? News to share? Recognize someone's help/work? Click on the link below to submit!