37th President of the United States
"When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal."
"Well, I screwed it up good, didn't I?"
"Sure, there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest men in national government too."
"I am not a crook."
- Attended Duke Law School
- Initially elected into the House of Representatives
- Able to win public back when giving speeches
- Helped Eisenhower during his term of Vice Presidency
- Established biracial committees for the purpose of equality
- Ran smear campaigns, most notably against Congressman Jerry Voorhis, in order to get elected into the House of Representatives
- Had a "slush fund" for personal use
- Accepted political gifts
- Maintained a school of thought that the Executive Branch should be exempt of checks and balances
- Watergate Scandal- When robbers broke into the Watergate Complex and attempted to wiretap the phones of political candidates, they were caught along with money belonging to the Nixon slush fund. Shortly after, Nixon gave the order to cover up the ordeal, which led to even more controversy and finally leading to Nixon's resignation.