Camp Learn A Lot
February 12, 2016
The children had a great time opening their valentines this afternoon. A big thank you goes out to Mrs. Popp and Mrs. Volk for planning such fun activities for the class party!
It is officially sniffle season and we are now completely out of tissues in our classroom! If it's (s)not too much to ask, I would appreciate any donations of tissues to our classroom.
Next week we will finish our nonfiction reading unit and begin a new journey with some of our favorite book characters, such as Pete the Cat. Please see below for important dates to add to your calendar.
Stay warm and have a great three-day weekend!
Happy Valentine's Day!
- Presidents' Day (No School)
- Special: PE
- Special: Art
- Logophiles Group 2 Progress Check
- Early Release Day @ 2:55pm
- Special: Music
- Hazel Dell Spectacular
- Science Fair
- Special: Technology
- Logophiles Group 3 Progress Check
- Weekly Reading Log due
- How can knowing the 6 syllable patterns help me grow as a reader and writer?
Reading - Unit 2 - Inquiring Minds Want to Read
- How can what I learn help me better understand the world?
- What is gravity?
- What are magnets?
- What does it mean to have healthful living?
- How can patterns help explain the world around us?
- How can data help us understand our world?
Writing Workshop - Unit 2 - Inquiring Minds Want to Write
- How do writers inform, explain, and report information?
- What is the purpose of an informational piece of writing?
- How can I self-assess to make sure my writing reflects what I have learned about writing an informational text?
- How can I edit and revise my writing to better convey my information?
Parent & Student Resources
- NWEA's Resources for Parents
- Noblesville's NWEA Resources for Parents
- Reading Comprehension Question Prompts
- Everyday Mathematics Resources for Parents
- Hazel Dell Cafeteria Menu
- Instagram: Request to follow @mrskellysimon
- Remind: To subscribe, text @7b47d4 to 81010.