Guided Math Workshop
Fixed and Flexible
- Mini lesson - 10 minutes (range)
- Independent Work/Individual Conferences/Guided Math Group
- Workshop Interruption - (no more than 2 minutes-Two Max)
- Continue independent work, etc…
- Share/Close (approx. 5 minutes) - Think 2.4 and 2.5 High Effective here
Energizer/Math FluencyFormative Assessment - Pre/post, NWEA, informal, etc.
What the other students doing while you run focused small groups.
How we group our students.
Use of resources.
Guided math station ideas
Claims and evidence in journals
Writing about thinking or telling the whys
Technology-illustrative mathematics? PARCC practice items, etc...
Exploration (tools, vocabulary, practices)
Challenge (students find real,world examples and record connections)
Types of assessment
Building math literature/ creating math books
Have students become the teacher