- Light blue, dark blue, red, white, green and yellow are the colors.
- The flag contains a small British flag. The British gave Fiji independence in 1970.
- Most people in Fiji are Christian.
- The next largest group is Hindu.
- Fiji has a small Muslim population.
- There are 850 island.
- Only about 100 are inhabited.
- Fiji is a country in the South Pacific.
- In 1874, Fiji came under the control of Great Britain.
English, fijian and hindustari.
the men wear skirts called sulus, and the women wear cotton dresses.
On ceremonial occasious, the womon may wear grass skirts.
mount tomanivi, is 4,341 feet above sea level.
Lovo is a food served at weddings and festivals. Lovo is meats, fish and vegetables wrapped in banana leaves prepared in a underground oven. The underground oven is created using:
- some smooth-surfaced stones
- a roll of foil
- banana leaves
- clean sacks and
- a shovel.
- "Fiji." Blackbirch Kid's Visual Reference of the World. Farmington Hills, MI: Gale, 2009. Kids InfoBits. Web. 15 Dec. 2014
- "Fiji." Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations. Ed. Timothy L. Gall, Susan Bevan Gall, and Derek M. Gleason. 6th ed. Vol. 3. Detroit: UXL, 2012. 275-285. Kids InfoBits. Web. 15 Dec. 2014.