November 23-27, 2020
TRIO wishes you a restful and SAFE break!
2020 TRIO Scholarship Competition Applications Due 12/4
Learn more about scholarship eligibility and how to apply: https://bit.ly/3nvIgvG
*Attention Fall 2020 Graduates*
If you did not receive and email and plan to graduate at the end of the Fall 2020 semester, please email Candace at email@example.com.
Deadline to Withdraw Extended to 12/11
The email from the Registrar reads:
"As we approach the end of the semester, we recognize the challenges many of you are facing in your academic and personal lives due to COVID-19. In response, we are extending the withdraw deadline to December 11, 2020.
The decision to withdraw from one or more of your fall 2020 courses is an important one and it should not be taken lightly.
Before you decide to withdraw, we encourage you to:
- Talk with your instructor about your progress in the course.
- Reach out to your academic advisor to determine the impact a withdraw may have on your degree progress and spring registration.
- Consider how a withdrawal will affect athletic participation eligibility, scholarship retention and similar circumstances, especially if you will no longer be a full-time student.
- Contact Bronco Express by December 7, 2020 to fully understand the impact withdrawing may have on your current or future financial aid eligibility. If you decide to withdraw from classes, you may be asked to submit additional documentation.
- Consult with Immigration Services if you are an international student.
To withdraw from a fall 2020 course,
- Log into GoWMU;
- Select “Add/Drop classes” from the Registration menu under ALL LINKS;
- Select “fall 2020” from the term drop-down and click the Submit button;
- Select “Withdraw” from the “Action” drop down
- Click “Submit Changes” button
If you have a registration hold, you will be unable to withdraw in GoWMU. You may request a withdrawal in person through the Registrar's Office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In these unprecedented times, we hope that this extension will help alleviate some of your academic stress. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break.
Student Success Holds Are STILL Active
If you have not completed a semester meeting via email or virtual appointment, your Student Success Hold will remain active until you do so. Connect with Nathifa or Candace to complete your student needs assessment and meeting.
YOU at WMU
Check out YOU at WMU here: https://you.wmich.edu/
TRIO Sponsored Resources:
All registered TRIO SSP students should have received an email from Tutor.com to inform them how to register/login to the site. Check in your spam folder if you do not recall receiving a message from tutor.com. If you did not receive an email last week, please let Nathifa or Candace know.
Foundations in Personal Finance
To register for the Foundations in Personal Finance course:
- Go to https://www.foundationsdigital.com/app/#/login/
- Create an account using your WMU email
- Use b86fb1 as your class/voucher/access code
- Hit Create an Account then Return to Sign-In
- Put in your new log-in information and hit Let's Go
- Click on Fall 2020 Foundations in Personal Finance course
- Start with Chapter 1 and work your way through!