Panbroiling at its Best
What is panbroiling and some recipies too
- cook uncovered frying pan, little/no fat
- any fat removed during cooking
- duplicates broiling in the oven
Pan-Broiled Flank Steak
- 1 3/4 cups of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (2 pound) flank steak
Directions1. Mix soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a shallow dish. Prick steak in several places. Add steak to dish, turning to coat well.
2. Prehear a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Drain steak. Reserve marinade.
3. Sprinkle hot skillet with small amount of salt to prevent sticking. Sear steak, about a minute on each side, to seal in juices.
4. Cook steak for about 8 minutes, turning frequently. Cut diagonally into thin slices; place on a serving platter. Bring reserved marinate to a boil; cook about 1 minute. Serve with steak.
Number of Servings: 6