Staff Update: February 13th, 2014
Crestview Elementary and Nuevas Fronteras Spanish Immersion
Kudos and Celebrations!
- Kudos to Colleen Burns, Nancy Johnson, Lisa Day, Laurie Schmillen, Lindsay Heagle, Yolanda Groess, Missy Twigg, Krys Blue, Leah Wieseler, Linda Johnson, Lori Gillman, Sherrie Rohr, Kyle Kane, Tracy Iaria, and Kelly DeGezelle for hosting and facilitating the Kindergarten Enrollment Nights for Crestview and Nuevas!
- HUGE thanks to Leah Wieseler and Danny Bjorlin who stepped in this week to cover classes in a time of need. You both ROCK!
- Felicitaciones to the NFSI 4th graders, Montse Recarte, Lupita Crisp and Mara for all of their work in putting together AWESOME presentations at the Minnesota Zoo's Spanish World Language day. They were fabulous!
March 7th EdCamp 2.0 Info from Brian Boothe:
District 833 Educators,
We are excited about the March 7th workshop day – which will be another District-Wide EdCamp! After the first EdCamp, 90% of teachers who were surveyed indicated they wanted to attend another one!! The survey results also indicated teachers found the day relevant and had a positive impact on professional/student learning. With that positive start – we are planning EdCamp 2.0 – It's EdCamp with a few upgrades.
More information will follow soon – for now here is the important information:
- Where: Park High School – Start in the Gym
- When: Friday March 7th – we will start promptly at 8:00 and end at 11:00 am.
- Parking/Buses: Carpooling is strongly encouraged – we will provide buses from ERHS and WHS before and after EdCamp if you want to avoid parking at the site. More info on buses to come.
- Food/Beverage: We will have coffee and water before EdCamp and some snacks available during EdCamp.
Changes from the first EdCamp:
- As with the first EdCamp, we will send out a message in a few weeks asking for topic ideas and volunteers for session facilitators. We will be offering a few 'district sponsored' topics – but the rules of EdCamp will still apply.
- No "SmackDown" at the end – we've removed this from the schedule because teachers did not find it useful. We learned and cut it. :-)
- Middle School teachers will be there!!! They missed the first one because of a conference! We look forward to seeing them there too!
You will get much more information soon – this is just the first communication. If you want to learn more about EdCamp 2.0 or see some of the survey data go to the EdCamp833 website.
We look forward to seeing you on the 7th!!
Coordinator of Integrated Professional Developmen
NFSI Fiesta Cultural
Friends in Teaching,
Let's begin the creative endeavor once again for the Fiesta Cultural!
Where: East Ridge High School.
Save the Date: Friday May 16th at 5:30 PM
Dress Rehearsal: In our Gym on May 15th 2-3:00 PM
More information will follow in future newsletters
Have fun and please approach your cultural committee coordinators with any questions when needed:
Laura, Sylvia, Jennie, Amanda, Kirsten
Next Week at a Glance:
Want to add something to this staff update?
The staff update will typically come out on via email on Thursday or Friday each week. If you have an item that you would like to include in this bulletin, please email it to Tina by Wednesday noon, and we’ll do our best to add it to the bulletin. Let’s work together to use this bulletin as our primary method for making all-school announcements, and hopefully by distributing information in one central way, we can decrease the number of emails that we all receive.