Hillcrest Elementary School
Week of December 10, 2023
What's Up Next?
Thank you to all that participated and supported our Christmas Luncheon and Winter Wonderland on last week! Both events were a success. We hope that each of you enjoyed it as well. Please see a few snapshots from the events below.
We have come to our final week of this 2nd Nine Week grading period and end of the first semester. We will finish up with our middle of the year screeners and post assessments this week in the content areas of math and reading. Please enourage your child to do his or her best.
Lastly, please be reminded that Friday, December 15th, is an Early Release Day for Dublin City Schools. Our students at HES will begin dismissal at 11:45 a.m. Please be sure to make afternoon arrangements for your child, if needed, since students will be coming home earlier than usual. We look forward to another great week at HES! Have a blessed week ahead!
December 15th - Early Dismissal
Hello Fighting Irish Family! I’m sure it’s already circled on your calendars, but please be reminded that next Friday, December 15th is a half day for Dublin City Schools.
To accommodate shared buses, Dublin High School, Dublin Middle School and Moore Street School will dismiss at 11:00 AM, while Hillcrest Elementary School, the Irish Gifted Academy and Susie Dasher Elementary will end the school day at 11:45 AM.
Next Friday, breakfast will be served as normal, and students will receive lunch before they leave.
Thank you for your continued support of Dublin City Schools! We’re looking forward to finishing strong next week and then enjoying a restful Christmas Break
Winter Wonderland Literacy & Fine Arts Night Feedback Opportunity
Parents & Friends,
If you participated in our Winter Wonderland 2023 last Thursday and did not get a chance to submit your feedback on our event, we would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to scan the QR code and provide us some feedback to help with continuing to support the needs of our parents. Thank you in advance for your continued support!
Habit of the Week: Habit #3 – Put First Things First
Are you spending time on things that are the most important to you? We should prioritize things that need to be done before doing things that we want to do. Encourage your child to get their work out of the way first and then play. When we take care of our priorities, we will have a much better day.
Family Activity: Make a list of things you enjoy doing and things that need to be done around the house. Then plan out your week on a calendar with your most important jobs first, so that you feel better about accomplishing your goals.
Habit #3: Work first, then play!
A Review of Last Week's Activities
Dress Code Reminders
- Sweatshirts and hoodies may be worn to school, but hoods cannot be worn inside of school/classroom.
- Shirts must be solid in color.
- Leggings cannot be worn as "stand alone." They can be worn under a solid colored skirt/shorts.
- Jeans/Pants may not have any rips, holes, tears, or frays.
- Shoes must have a strap on the back of them. No Crocs allowed at school.
Please help us by making sure your child is appropriately dressed before coming to school each day.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pick Up Reminders
- There will be one (1) lane used for morning drop off.
- There will be two (2) lanes used for afternoon dismissal.
- Cars MUST have their car tag number in the window to pick up your child. Cars without a tag will have to drive to the front of the building and wait for your child to be released at 3:30 p.m. with remaining car riders.
- Vehicles must make a right-hand turn off of Edgewood Drive into the Car Rider Line Up near the playground entrance.
- Parents/Guardians may take any of the following routes to reach our car rider line: Cardinal Drive, Northwood Drive, Brookdale Drive, Greenway Drive, and Pinewood Drive from either Claxton Dairy Road or Highway 441 South to get to Edgewood Drive.
- Parents/Guardians MUST remain in cars to pick up car riders. No child will be released to adults who walk up to the building in the Car Rider Loading Zone.
- Please wait for staff member to signal for you to pull off.
- Parents/Guardians may not park along Edgewood Drive and walk up to the front of the building to pick up students while we are loading or unloading buses (7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. – 3:25 p.m.)
- Students not picked up by 3:25 p.m. from the car rider pick up area will be taken to the front office for pick up after this time.
Clear or Mesh Book Bags Required
All students must have a clear or mesh book bag to enter the school building. We do have a few clear book bags left for sale in the front office, if you need to purchase one, for $10 each.
Coming Up Next...
December 14: Parent Session: Mindful Parenting Worikshop, 1:00 p.m. Media Center
December 14: DCS's Hometown Holly, 6:00 p.m., Dublin High Auditorium
December 15: Early Release Day @ 11:45 a.m.
December 18- January 2: Christmas Holiday Break
January 3: Students Return
January 9: 2nd Nine Weeks Report Card, APTT #2, 5:30 p.m.
Location: 1100 Edgewood Drive, Dublin, GA, USA
Phone: (478) 353-8200