Wayne County 4-H
News and Notes - February 27, 2018
4-H Online Enrollment Now Open!
There are many resources to assist members and volunteers in completing their 4-H enrollment online this year. Please be sure to watch the step by step instructions explained in the video above for returning members / volunteers or visit our special help page at http://wayne.osu.edu/help for more help. When you're ready click the button below to complete your online enrollment.
OSU Extension Summer Internship Applications Due February 28th
Whether you are passionate about food issues, agriculture, helping youth, the environment, or healthy people and communities, there is an internship opportunity for you! Interns can apply to work in one of 13 locations throughout Ohio. Wayne County is one of the sites chosen by Extension Administration to host a state funded intern for 2018.
Through this paid internship, you will work closely with a local OSU Extension educator as he or she teaches classes, works with volunteers and makes a difference in the community. As an intern, you will learn how you can use your education to make a difference in people’s lives and how what you are learning in college can have an impact on some of the most pressing issues facing Ohioans. Your intern work may include:
- Planning, helping or teaching community classes, day camps, field days or fairs
- Attending meetings with community leaders and volunteers
- Developing news articles, exhibits, brochures, marketing materials, and resources for educational curriculum
- Using social media and technology to share research-based information
- Participating in field research, helping with literature reviews, and testing new methods and curriculum
- Working with youth through 4-H activities, camps and project judgings