Stremelstein's Classroom News
Mrs. Himelstein & Ms. Stremel- First Grade Room 202
April 11, 2016
Spring Picture Day- Monday, April 11th: Kinder/Tk/First Grade & Tuesday, April 12th for Grades 2-5.
SEES Country Fair: Friday April 15 ( 5:00-8:00 p.m) & Saturday April 16 (11:00- 5:00 p.m) .
Volunteers- If you can help volunteer at the Country Fair, please click here to volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4cabac2aa6f94-sees2
Thank you for your time!
Dance Mat Typing- Last week, we introduced the children to a fun interactive typing game which gives them step-by-step process of keyboarding learning. Here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3c6tfr. You can also find the link on our classroom website under Useful Educational Links.
Wish List: We are still in need of Expo Markers. Thank you to all who have donated!
Dates to Calendar
Character Trait for April is Trust: Loyalty & Integrity (I will be a good friend and also do what is right)
4/11 Spring Picture Day for all TK/K & First Grade
4/12 Spring Picture Day for Grades 2, 3, 4, 5
4/13 Chick Fil-A Dine Out 3:30- 8:00 p.m.
4/14 Flag Salute: Athlete of Month & Accelerated Reader Awards
4/15 & 4/16- SEES Annual Country Fair (Friday 4/15 5-8p.m. & Saturday 4/16 11-5p.m.)
First Grade Performance 12:00-12:15. (Meet at the stage)
4/29 Flag Salute: Student of the Month-Trust & Mathematician of the
5/13 Flag Salute: Athlete of the Month
5/19 Open House 6-7p.m.
5/29 Flag Salute: Student of the Month-Empathy & AR awards
- Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
Spelling Words of the Week: Word Wall Words, Word family Words and Challenge Words
Word Wall Words: brother, city, end, kind, sister
Word Family Words: can't, couldn't, don't, haven't, isn't, won't, he's, she's, I'll, she'll, we'll, you'll.
Challenge Words: could've, should've, would've, doesn't, shouldn't
addition, add, addend, sum, subtraction, subtract, equation, equal sign, true equation, false equation, count on, count back, make 10, place value.
Math-Addition & Subtraction
Addition & Subtraction: 1)Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems.
2) Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10
3) The commutative property shows us that we can add numbers in any order and still get the same sum. 4) The equal sign in an equation means "the same as" the quantity on one side of the equal sign should always be the same as the quantity on the other side of the equal sign.
- Write informative/explanatory texts in which students name a topic, supply some facts about the topic and provide some sense of closure.