Buffalo Parent Bulletin
News and Reminders
- Want to serve on our fabulous PTO board? Here is the nomination form. Our staff and students appreciate your service!
- Teacher assignments for 2018-2019 will be determined by current teachers with input from other school staff. Teachers are best able to match student needs with future teachers to ensure the best situation for every child. Administration will happily accept emails regarding your input on your child's needs, although requests from parents for specific teachers may not be granted.
- Absences: Please remember to send a note when your child returns to school!
- Lunch visitors: Please view this schedule for your assigned grade level day(s). We understand that there will be exceptions, such as birthdays and out of town family members, etc. We just ask that these exceptions be cleared in advance by an administrator, by calling the front office and speaking to a secretary.
- Peach Jar: If you are not receiving flyers from Peach Jar, you can visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
- STAAR Testing Dates: May 14 - 3-4th Math, 5th Math retest; May 15th - 3-4th Reading, 5th Reading retest; May 16 - 5th Science
- STAAR NOTES: Please ensure that your students get a good night's sleep and and healthy breakfast prior to STAAR. Also, please do not stress them about the test. This test is simply one piece of a large picture showing their learning strengths and needs.
- Closed Campus: No visitors on campus (including lunch) during STAAR test days. Each week, the day following testing is a make-up day and also closed campus. This is due to student groups testing throughout the building. Closed campus dates for May are May 14-17.
- Carpool Numbers: Students will be receiving new carpool numbers at the end of the school year in preparation for next year. Please work with your students to learn their numbers to ensure a smooth start to school in August.
- Lost and Found: Please come and check, or ask your students to check the lost and found. There are many unclaimed items and they will be donated to Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministries at the end of the school year.
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- May 7-11: Teacher Appreciation Week (please check out this flyer for how to join our group effort and appreciate your teacher this week)!
- May 11: 2:15 p.m. - STAAR Parade. Parents of 3rd-5th graders are invited to come line up outside and cheer students on. Bring signs, noisemakers, etc.
- May 14: STAAR (3-4 Math, 5 math retest)
- May 15: STAAR (3-4 Reading, 5th reading retest)
- May 16: STAAR (5th grade science)
- May 21: Awards Assemblies (1st grade and morning Pre-K 9 a.m.; Kindergarten and afternoon Pre-K 2 p.m.)
- May 22: Awards Assemblies (2nd grade 9 a.m.; 4th grade 2 p.m.)
- May 24: Awards Assemblies (5th grade 9 a.m.; 3rd grade 2 p.m.)
- May 23: 9 a.m. Campus GT Showcase
- May 25: Party Bus (Big Kahuna fundraiser reward)
- May 25: 5th grade transition day
- May 28: Memorial Day holiday
- May 30: 1:30 p.m. - 5th grade appreciation party
- May 31: Early Release Day (all students must be picked up by 12:35 p.m.). Afternoon Pre-K will come in the morning and afternoon Pre-K will not come that day.
- June 1: FIRST DAY OF SUMMER VACATION
- August 16: MEET THE TEACHER (10 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- August 20: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Our PTO raised over $13K from the Buffalo Color Stampede! It was an amazing night for our community and a great fundraiser for our school - thanks to all who participated!
- Congratulations to Paulvu Le for winning first place in the proficient category of the Quick Challenge at the Klein ISD Coding Expo!
- Our amazing group of 4th graders recently graduated from the Klein ISD Leadership Academy!
- We have an awesome group of teacher/staff volunteers who have formed our Behavior Action Team, led Mrs. Bourgeois. They meet weekly to figure out ways to positively impact our school culture.
- The opening day of Spring Book Fair had record sales! Thanks to our fantastic librarians, Mrs. Hales and Mrs. Gunn, for serving our students in this way!
- Congratulations to Blackshear's SHABE (Suburban Houston Association for Bilingual Education) bilingual teacher of the year Sylvia Crawford, and ESL teacher of the year, Lavonne Davis!