Glendale Elementary October News
Welcome Back & Happy Fall!
This year is off to a wonderful start. During our first couple weeks, we had the bus company come and teach us about bus safety, Jav, our custodian, taught some of our second grade classes how to reduce, reuse and recycle our garbage, our lunch/recess paraprofessionals went over expectations in the lunchroom and outside, we had our first All School Meeting and our PTC Welcome Back Night. Last week third grade participated in our Child Nutrition Services Farm to School program featuring Casey's Sweet Corn and we had a school picnic and enjoyed eating corn. Fourth grade went on a field trip to River Rendezvous and had curriculum night with their families. MAP testing is also underway! This week we have our annual ESTEM Day and will be wearing blue & gold/Laker gear on Friday to show our Laker Pride for Homecoming Week!
Our building theme this year is "What a Wonderful World" and our school-wide expectations are:
I am looking forward to a year filled with laughter, learning, collaboration, and supporting one another in all that we do.
Glendale Elementary School Principal
Welcome to our new Dean of Students!
- Sept 28th - D.O.G.S Homecoming Tailgating @ PLHS 5:15pm
- Oct 1- Oct 5- FUN RUN SPIRIT WEEK
- Oct 3 - C.A.R.E.S Celebration w/ Mrs. Molitor
- Oct 4 - 5th Grade ELC Parent Information Meeting @ Glendale 6:00pm
- Oct 5 - PTC Fun Run Day!
- Oct 8 - Davanni's Night hosted by 5th Grade 4:00-8:00pm
- Oct 9 - PTC Meeting 6:30pm
- Oct 16 - Kindergarten Fieldtrip to Como Zoo 9:45am - 1:15pm
- Oct 17 - Oct 19 NO SCHOOL- MEA BREAK
- Oct 22- NO SCHOOL- Staff In-service Day
- Oct 24 - Unity Day- - WEAR ORANGE
- Oct 25 - Reading Intervention Night @ Glendale 6:00pm
- Oct 26 - Picture Retake Day
- Oct 26 - Fall Harvest Celebration
- Oct 29- Nov 2 - 5th Grade @ WolfRidge
- Oct 31- All School Meeting @ 9:30am
FUN RUN SPIRIT WEEK
TUESDAY OCT 2nd- Pajama Day
WEDNESDAY OCT 3rd- Wacky Wednesday (i.e. silly socks & mis-matched clothes)
THURSDAY OCT 4th- Sports Day (wear your favorite sports team colors/shirt/jersey)
FRIDAY OCT 5th- Fun Run Day! (Wear your "WE ARE GLENDALE" Shirt or LAKER colors)
Second Step Family Letter
Developing social and emotional skills is an integral part of students’ school experience. Skills such as cooperation, communication, decision making, and empathy are what we hope to build in students for the classroom and beyond. One strategy to help us achieve this goal will be implementing the Second Step curriculum in all classrooms at Glendale. Second Step explicitly teaches children skills for social and academic success. Your child’s classroom teacher will be communicating the specific themes being taught in the classroom. To start the year, our themes are related to welcoming others, and acting and speaking in safe, respectful and responsible ways. Thank you for your partnership to help our students be their best!
Jennifer Molitor- Principal
Lisa Manders- Dean of Students
October Community Education
October - https://www.smore.com/e8n9t