Design, develop, and build, mechanical and thermal devices.
- Analyze problems to see how mechanical and thermal devices might help solve the problem
- Design or innovate mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design
- Develop and test prototypes of devices they design
- Analyze the test results and change the design as needed
- Oversee the manufacturing process for the device
$80,580 per year
Mechanical engineers generally work in professional office settings, sometimes they work on worksites where a peice of equipment needs their personal attention.
Demand is projected to grow 5% from 2012 to 2022