September 4- October 8
The Grade 1A and 1B classes lead the celebration today. As part of our schoolwide social justice project this month, our community received $550 from the families at JPI for families in need. We thank you for your generosity!
We wish all of you a safe and happy Thanksgiving full of all of God's love.
READ IN WEEK
Senora Figueroa and Mr. Wawkrykowicz planned a fun filled week with virtual guest readers, book trivia, door decorating and ending up with dressing up as your favorite book character.
Below are some photos that capture the fun!
We at John Paul I acknowledge and continue to learn....
As we honoured Truth and Reconciliation Week, we know that our learning must continue throughout the days, weeks and months ahead. Our staff and students show their commitment to continue learning this week.
School Fees and Bus Pass Fees
Assessment and Reporting
Please click on the image above for more information on assessment and reporting.
Parent Guide to Google Classroom
Parent Guide to Microsoft Teams
We want to thank Heather and Amy our hot lunch coordinators and all of the parents who donate their time and energy for our children!
Here is some information on our Hot Lunch Program:
- Orders MUST be placed and paid online a week prior to the hot lunch through Healthy Hunger website. After this time, there are no cancellations or refunds. (No cash refunds available in the office)
- If your child is absent, you can make arrangements to pick-up or give the order to another student. If we do not hear from you, your child’s lunch will be kept in the fridge until the next time they are at school.
- If a field trip is booked, we will always do our best to inform you and give you the opportunity to cancel and get a refund but we do not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate.
- If you cancel your order one week in advance, you will receive a credit through Healthy Hunger.
- Below is the link on how to sign your child up for Hot Lunch Program. Please make sure to select your child's correct classroom.
Please note that if you registered your child in the previous years, you will still have to register again through this link.
First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist
Fall Session 2021
The Catholic Parish of Corpus Christi
2707 34 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6T 1P5
Phone: 780.466.7576 Fax: 587.754.1670
Requirements for Registration
1. Registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist form
2. PIPA Registration and Participation Form – Appendix 907B
3. Participation Consent Form and Release – Appendix 907C
The first 3 requirements are available at the parish office,
or online at http://www.corpuschristi-edm.ca/Ministries/sacraments
4. a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate
5. $20 for each sacramental preparation book & materials ($40 for both)
6. a copy of your child’s First Reconciliation certificate (if received)
¬ Ensure your email address is clearly written on the registration form.
¬ Once you have all the requirements, meet with Sister Delia at the parish office to finalize your child’s registration.
Preparing for Lessons
Your child will receive the following workbook(s):
· Reconciliation/Confession: My Booklet about God’s Love and Forgiveness
· First Holy Eucharist/Communion: My Booklet about the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist
Ensure your child has completed the readings and activities in the workbooks before attending each lesson, so your child is able to participate and answer questions.
Escuela John Paul I School Council...
On Wednesday, we held our first Parent Council Meeting. Despite the restrictions, we were able to meet on Teams and we had 26 parents join us remotely!
All parents are welcome to join our meetings and the link is always shared out to our parent community via SWIFT messaging.
This year we welcome a new Parent Council Chair, Fayaz Kaba who son is in Grade 1!
Please look for information on our next meeting, held on November 3 at 6:00 PM. Please use this link to join us.
Place your Orders for Healthy Hunger by midnight
- Thanksgiving Day No School today
Jersey Day - wear your favorite jersey to school - it's the Season Opener for the Edmonton Oilers
- Healthy Hunger Hot Lunch - Edo
- Pope John Paul I Student Faith Day
- Staff Faith Formation Day - No School for Students