Reid Gruenes Career Planning Hr:5
Physical Therapists help Improve the movement of a person that has been injured and manage their pain. Physical therapists examine each individual and develop a plan with treatment techniques and exercises to promote ability and movement, restore function and prevent disability. Physical Therapists care for people in different varieties of settings, such as hospitals, private centers, and out patient clinics.
- One year general chemistry, biology, and physics, all with lab.
- 3 quarters titled Writing or English.
- Social Science
- Reading comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Time Management
Salary or Wages
38.96 Hourly, 81,030 Annually (Nationally)
77,300 Annually (Minnesota) (Median)
Advantages or Benefits of this Career
- Making a difference
- Movement expert (knowing how things work in the body)
- Paid Time off, Sick time, Vacation/Personal Holiday Vacation Time, Scheduled Holidays, Continuing Education, Professional Mentorship, Individual Education, and Career Growth Opportunities.
- Competitive Pay, Quarterly Bonus Eligibility, 401(k) Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long- Term Disability, Life AD and D Insurance, Employee Discount Buying Program, and Employee Assistance Program.
Disadvantages and Difficult Parts of this Career
- 7 Years of school. First Bachelors Degree, Then Either a Masters or Doctoral Degree.
- Must Be fit to Enjoy the Work.
- Need a License and will Have to Renew it.
- Emotional Patients, Some Patients will be in a lot of pain and will be angry or moody.
The Outlook for this career is good it will be in high demand and is predicted to grow 36% much faster than some other occupations. 73,500 growth of jobs.
Promotion or Advancement Opportunities
- There is a Post-Professional Degree
- Leadership Development
- PTA recognition of Advanced Proficiency
- Credential Clinical Instructor Program
High School Classes I can Take
- Pre-college Preparatory Math
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech/Language Pathologists
College that Offer this Program
- Winona State University (Full Program)
- St. Cloud State University (Pre-Program)
The Career Physical Therapy I think is what best suits me. It fits with my aptitudes of being physical, talking, and communicating with people. It fits my skills because I like to talk and associate with people. Some of my interests are working with the body, working with diverse people, and helping people get better. I would like this career because it would be working with people, helping people, talking to people and working with their physical problems. I chose this career because it has been something I have been looking into for a while and because I like what they do.
Physical Therapist - A Day in the Life