S.H.E. Family Newsletter
January 6, 2023
Important Dates to Remember
- January 10: Dance permission slip and payment due (see write up below)
- January 11: BOE Meeting 7pm
- January 13: Winter Wonderland Schoolwide Dance 5-8 pm
- January 16: MLK Day-No School
- February 2: PTO Meeting 5:30 pm
- February 8: BOE Meeting 7pm
- February 20: Presidents' Day
- February 21: Snow flex Day
- March 1: Early Release Day 1:15 pm
- March 15: Parent/Teacher Conferences: No School
Things to Know & Reminders
- The PTO will be hosting a Winter Wonderland Schoolwide Dance on Friday, January 13th from 5-8 pm. A DJ, food and beverages will be provided. The cost is $10. All students need to be accompanied by an adult. Please return the form (blue paper) sent home earlier this week no later than January 10th. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Teachers will be completing benchmark assessments in the month of January.
- A friendly reminder that birthday invitations can only be handed out to children within your child's classroom, and if you have an initiation for all students. Additionally, if you would like to celebrate your child's birthday, please connect with your child's teacher for guidance. For many reasons (allergies, nutrition, health plans, post pandemic) we do not allow celebratory food (cookies, cupcakes, etc.). If agreed upon with the teacher, we encourage pencils, small crafts, playdough, etc. to use in place. We realize this is a shift, even from when we went to school, and your continued support is appreciated.
- SHE has an Instagram. Find us @shepardhillelementary for current happenings.
- Lunch with Loved Ones is up and running. If you would like to have lunch with your child, please see the attached flyer.
- A friendly reminder as the weather becomes cooler. Shepard Hill, is indeed on the top of a very tall hill. We are surrounded by open sports fields. This makes outdoor recess and break time very windy and cool. Plan for it to be at least 5-10 degrees cooler here than at home. A light jacket or sweatshirt to be kept in your child's backpack is appreciated.
- When visiting the school, please have your ID ready to display. I hope it provides you comfort knowing that we are super safe and will not release your child with someone that we do not recognize.
- When dropping off off late, or picking students up early, please use the parking lot driveway. The bus throughway is a fire lane. We also have several classrooms who walk, draw, or use the sidewalks.