Week of September 17, 2018
- School Entry - Please help make sure we serving as positive models for our Wilson community by NOT pulling in the "Exit Only" north entrance of the front parking lot.
- Rise & Shine - Do you have a group/club that would like to host a Rise & Shine? There is currently one Friday still available. If you're interested, sign up for the Friday, November 30th date.
- Ed Foundation Grants - I hope you'll consider applying for a grant. Wilson has a rich history of being selected (including TWO last year!). Please click the button below for details. I'd love to brainstorm with you on any ideas you may have! Grant Due Date - Oct 12th
- Great Educators Matter (GEMs) - It's never too soon to submit GEM nominations for peers and teammates that go above and beyond. Nominations may be found in Formspace in Euduphoria. Need help? Check in with our campus GEM Rep - Jennifer Adams.
- ESL / BIL Support - Now that we're several weeks into the school year, take a few minutes to complete this ESL/BIL Support Survey (see below) to indicate what sorts of support you may need to assist your second language learners.
Global Read Aloud
You can go as "big" or "simple" as you want!
RtI Reading & Math Progress
After School Allergy & Medical Concerns
If you sponsor an after school club, please review the sheet below. If any of the learners are in your club, please put the name of the club/group next to their name.
T-TESS Important Info
- Formal Walkthroughs - Jordan and I will begin formal walkthroughs this week and are excited to see the great things happening in your classrooms. Need a T-TESS refresher? Check out the T-TESS Rubric below. Consider it a "cheat sheet" for all walkthroughs and observations. We will begin with Domain 3 this week.
- SLOs - Thank you for the time that you have given your team's SLO. Feel free to include this as an agenda item for your upcoming Team Time. Prior to Sept 28th, your team should complete the "Initial Skill Profile" and the "Target Skill Profile," and you should identify where learners currently fall and where you want them to end the year (using the Student Growth Tracker). There is a copy of the Student Growth Tracker in the SLO Folder of the Wilson PLC Google Folder.
- Goal-Setting - All staff members are required to enter goals into STRIVE. The deadline for goals to be entered is September 28th. We will schedule goal-setting conferences for Sept 26th/27th (schedule to come). All educators are required to have 2 goals (1 team goal aligned with our campus wide focus on Eco Dis learners, and 1 personal goal). All other employees are required to have 1 goal. *IMPORTANT* - Prior to entering any new goals, you must click "Complete" on any goals from last year. Need help? Just let me know!
Week At A Glance...
- College Day!
- 4th/5th Grade Progress Report Grades Due
- Ed Foundation Shirt Day! Tweet your photo for a Sonic drink.
- Kinder Team Time
- Picture Day
- DLI Meeting - Wilson Library - 3:30-5:00
- 1st Grade Team Time
- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Team Leader Meeting - 3:30 - Please email Cooper with any items to include on the agenda.
- 2nd Grade Team Time
- Rise & Shine
- Staff Luncheon from F.U.M.C.
- Lockdown Drill
- 4th/5th Progress Reports go home.
- 9/24 - Book Fair begins
- 9/26 - Vertical Team Meetings - 3:30
- 9/26 - Homecoming Parade
- 9/26-9/27 - Goal-Setting Conferences
- 9/28 - Deadline for T-TESS & SLO Goals in STRIVE