Field Park Principal's Update
November 1, 2019
Hello Field Park Families,
It's so hard to believe that we had our first snow this week, and that it's now NOVEMBER! Please bear with me, as this is a long update -- but there's lots of important information for this upcoming month.
Things to Check Out:
- Parent Teacher Conferences Sign-Up Information Flyer
- Thank a Staff Member
- STEM Club: 2-3rd Grade Session starts 11/7!
- Math Club (4th-5th Grades): Starts 11/15!
- Girl Power Yoga information
- Art Appreciation Outdoor Gallery information
- Beds Plus Collection Drive information
- Halloween Costume Drive Flyer
- Halloween Bash - WS Parks Dept.
- Parent Community Network: Legalized Marijuana Presentation Info
Updates for the Week of 11/4 - 11/8:
- Fri., 11/8: Fun Lunch
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Dates:
- 11/11 - 11/15: American Education Week
- Mon., 11/11: Veteran's Day Assembly, 10am at Forest Hills (all invited!)
- Thurs., 11/14: Board of Education Meeting, 6:30pm at McClure
- Fri., 11/14: Last Day of First Trimester, PTO Meeting 9:45am in Library
- Weds. 11/20: Late Arrival (10am)
- Thurs., 11/21: Gift Wrap Pickup, Book Fair, Special Person Night 5pm
- Mon. 11/25 & Tues. 11/26: Parent Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL for kids!)
- Weds. 11/27 - Fri. 11/29: NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
ALSO: You can always find these dates on our website!
Please feel free to reach out with any questions/concerns!
FIELD PARK UPDATES:
Parent Teacher Conferences Information
Important note: we greatly value the time to meet with parents face-to-face to discuss progress, growth, and our new progress reports, but we also know that many families leave town during the week of Thanksgiving. You are welcome to schedule a phone conference with your child's teacher/s. As we set aside these two (very long) days for teachers to meet and conduct Parent Teacher Conferences, we do not offer Conference times outside of these two days. If it is not possible to schedule with your child's teacher/s during those days, please reach out directly to me via email and we can discuss from there. Teachers work incredibly hard to prepare for and conduct conferences during those two days, and we all want them to be fresh and prepared to meet the needs of all of our students during the days before and after the break, not short on time with added meetings. Thank you for your understanding and support of our teachers' hard work for kids!
Thank a Staff Member
Don't forget to "Thank a Staff Member" this week - we appreciate it! These thank you's go "live" for our staff on Monday, and the PTO and I would love to flood them with Field Park love.
Take a moment to thank our nurses, who do so much to help our tummy aches, boo-boos, and skinned knees... and all the other things they do behind the scenes to keep our kids SAFE and HEALTHY:
Does your child receive additional support/intervention for reading or math, or receive enrichment services? Take a moment to thank these phenomenal professionals - they do so much to help our kids, often behind the scenes and in small, intimate moments!
Lisa Gilles - Reading Specialist
Lori Lubera - Math Specialist
Denise Enrietti - Enrichment