Through my interactions with families, staff, and students, I am constantly reminded of our core values at Andersonville. We value the greatness in every child and every adult. We ensure that every student will thrive, grow, pursue their passions, and be positive contributors to our global society. We work in partnership with families to provide a safe, nurturing, and loving environment where children grow academically, socially, and emotionally. Our culture thrives on positive relationships and the idea that every person, every idea, and every opportunity matters. As a school family, we support, listen to, and challenge each other and our students. We honor and share each of our individual stories as well as our collective story. We recognize that our differences make us stronger and that together we are better than we could ever be alone.
Thank you for sharing your children with us. It is an honor to learn, think, and grow with all of you. My door is always open and I encourage you to stop in or call to make an appointment to discuss any concern or suggestion to help make sure this is the best year yet!
First Few Weeks of School
Our Mission Statement
At Andersonville we are lifelong learners who celebrate our uniqueness and inspire one another to find our passions. We are loved. We are valued. We are family.
New Staff Members
Gabrielle Chin, Math Support Specialist
Bridget Chiodo, Instructional Aide
Angela Leskinen Kindergarten Teacher
Veronica Radke, Instructional Aide
Thank you PTO Board!
President: Connie Garner
Corresponding Secretary: Jennifer Dasuqi
VP of Fundraising: Lisa Booser
VP of Volunteers: Melissa Spurlock
VP of Volunteers: Danielle Vercauteren
Treasurer: Connie Garner
Recording Secretary: Sandra Aspinall
Please make sure all desired email accounts are entered into ParentVue so that you are receiving eblasts sent by Andersonville. In addition please click here to learn how to update your parentvue app.
Additionally, CCS uses the Clarkston Community Calendar system to communicate important district information.
Please click here... http://www.clarkstoncalendar.org/SignUp/index.aspx, enter your Email, then Clarkston Community Schools, then Next and click each school that your student/s will attend 2018-2019, then Submit...to continue receiving e-blasts from each of your child's schools.
Health and Safety Updates
While we will no longer be celebrating birthdays with treats we will certainly recognize and celebrate each child on their special day. Your child's teacher will share alternative celebration activities/options for birthday recognition. To review the letter from the district regarding this please click here.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
Please review this document outlining our pick-up and drop-off procedures. Please use caution when entering and exiting our parking lot and help us to keep our children safe.
The links below include our A-B-C-D calendar and our master schedule.
Medicine and Medical Plans of Care
Picture re-take day is November 8th. Please send in the original proof if you have it, or a note telling the teacher that you would like to have your child's picture taken/retaken.
If you have any questions, please call HR Imaging at 800-433-1766 or the AE Office at 248-623-5200.
Incredible Years Parenting Program
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we introduced new bus routes and new drivers this year. Student safety is always our first concern and we recognize that families, school staff, and transportation staff work very hard every day to keep our students safe.
Students who wish to ride a bus other than the one they are assigned, or get off at a different stop than usual, must present a signed Alternate Stop Form to their school building office no later than 2pm that day. Please plan ahead!
- Any changes in stop times greater than five minutes will be announced by the bus driver.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and behavior of their child to, from and while at the bus stop.
- Please remind students to stand away from the road and approach the bus after it comes to a complete stop
- Please advise students of an alternate location to go if parent or care giver is unable to be home at drop off time.
Volunteer Background Check
The following information is to provide clarification and consistency in the procedures for performing background checks on individuals that volunteer in the Clarkston Community School district.
- The State of Michigan requires by law that school districts perform background checks of school employees.
- Board policies require all potential volunteers be screened through ICHAT (Internet Criminal History Tool) and OTIS (Offender Tracking Information Services-sex offender registry). This is to be done prior to the first time an individual participates or volunteers for a school sponsored activity.
- All records are kept confidential and will not be received or disseminated to anyone not directly involved in the screening process.
- The district reserves the right to perform additional background checks at any time for the duration of the volunteer's service in the district. This can be performed regardless of self-disclosure of inappropriate behavior following the initial check.
- A master list of approved volunteers will be maintained by the district in accordance with Board policy.
Please be sure to attach a copy of your Driver's License before turning in your IChat forms.
Calendar of Events
7 Fall online Fundraiser kick-off 9:00 (Sept 7th - Oct 5th)
12 PTO General Membership Meeting (7:00) Media Center
13 Picture Day
20 Family Breakfast (8:00) Cafe
20 Incredible Years Parenting Program:
(provided by Easterseals) informational meeting 6:00 p.m.
1 Red Wings Assembly (2:15) Cafe
1 Mel’s Grill Fundraiser (5:00-8:00)
3 Count Day
19 Half Day for students - Teacher Inservice
26 Boo Bash (6:00-8:00) Cafe/Gym31 Halloween Parade (2:30) and Parties (3:00)