Depression Among Women
- Depression is a huge psychological issue seen in great numbers of women compared to men.
- Due to factors of inequality, and exposure to domestic violence.
- Causes for decreases in necessary functions for well-being & health.
Sustainability Goal #4
CARING FOR HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- Depression causes a hindrance in mental health, also decreasing one's well-being.
- Factors that lead to depression in women (inequality, lack of opportunity, domestic violence) cause for major hindrance on their own to one's self worth/value.
- create equal opportunities for women in developing countries
- raise awareness about domestic violence in both developing & developed countries
- give educational opportunities to women of developing countries to decrease pregnancies at young ages
Local Scale (Our Service Project)
- focus on the importance of well-being
- increase confidence & view of self-worth in young girls
- spread awareness of the importance of positive self thought