IHS Family Update
From Principal Zipp-McLaughlin
MAY 15: IN THIS NEWSLETTER
- Tri-M Instrument Donation May 21st
- Class Officer Elections
- Career Connections
- Junior Prom Reminder
- Ball Tickets go on sale soon
- Senior Save the Dates and Information
- Regents Exams 2022
- Infinite Campus
- Tutoring Opportunities
- Safe School Helpline
- Technology Portection Plans for 2022-2023
- Upcoming events by month
TRI-M INSTRUMENT DONATION DAY
CLASS OFFICER ELECTIONS
Class of 2023 (Ms.Behrens, Advisor)
- Interest meeting: 5/31
- Applications Due: 6/3
- Campaign the week of 6/6-6/10
- Voting: 6/10
- Results Announced: 6/14
Class of 2025 (Ms.Quintero, Advisor)
- Interest meeting: Tuesday 5/17
- Applications Due: Friday 5/20
- Campaign the week of 5/23-5/27
- Voting: Friday 5/27
- Results Announced: Tuesday 5/31
Class of 2026 (Ms.Jaynes, Advisor)
- announced and planned at Dake
Students should see current class officers or the class advisors to ask any questions.
KEY DATES & DETAILS BELOW
- Senior Ball tickets go on sale the week of May 23rd, every day, between 3-3:30 pm, in room 1220 and in the Commons during all 3 lunches, on May 26th and May 27th. Tickets are $40 per person. There will be unlimited soda, fruit punch, and water along with a variety of finger foods and desserts.
- Payment information for cap and gown, $25 is due by June 1st. (make checks payable to "Class of 2022") Check or money can be delivered to Kim Schrank in the IHS main office.
- Senior Slide Show and Yearbook Distribution Gathering: May 26th- 3:15pm
- Seabreeze/Senior Picnic: June 11th TBD for times and ticket prices
- Senior Ball: Friday, June 10 at Harro East, 7 pm-11 pm, Tickets are $40 each, with an Ancient Greece theme. Please contact Ms. Jaynes with questions.
- Powder Puff Game- June 13th @ 2:45
- Seniors return to K-3 (formally done on Flag Day) CHANGE IN DATE to JUNE 15; Seniors are invited to visit playgrounds and K-3 buildings for a parade using this schedule:
- NORTH end (Seneca, Colebrook, Listwood); playground pics, 1:30-2 PM; building visit 2-2:20 PM
- SOUTH end (Brookview, Southlawn, Briarwood); building visit, 2-2:20 PM; playground pics, 2:20-2:50 PM
- 3rd annual Car Parade: Friday, June 17, @ 6 PM. Seniors and families will line up at IHS and follow a scheduled route through neighborhoods. Plan to decorate your vehicle!
- Graduation Rehearsal: Thursday, June 23 at 11 AM at IHS
- Graduation/99th IHS Commencement: Saturday, June 25 at 10 AM at Frontier Field; ALL Seniors must report to the IHS back bus loop by 8 AM to board the buses. Seniors must ride the buses to graduation so that we can line up and be prepared.
JUNIOR PROM REMINDER
We are excited to celebrate the Class of 2023 at the Hyatt Regency of Rochester for their Junior Prom! Just a reminder that if you haven't bought your ticket that there is still time! Please see the class advisor, Ms. Behrens, in room 3057 to purchase your ticket. Cash or check is accepted and the tickets are $50 per person. Don't forget that your student's ticket purchases the beautiful venue, DJ, photobooth and food stations that can offer a light snack or a full meal complete with dessert!
Where: Hyatt Regency Rochester, 125 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604
When: Friday, May 27
DISTRICT VOTE IS MAY 17
The annual District Budget Vote and Board of Education candidate election is Tuesday, May 17 from 6 AM to 9 PM at the St. Paul Fire Department. PTSA is once sponsoring Netsins Ice Cream Truck from 5:30-8 PM. The Budget edition of "The Quote" will arrive in residents' mailboxes in early May. You also will be able to access it on the District website at THIS LINK. Find more vote information there on:
- Board of Education candidate bios for Courtney Shouse & Matthew Sullivan
- WICPTSA Candidates' Night (video replay posted May 3) on YouTube
- Budget Adoption video (video/April 14th meeting)
- Proposed Budget for 2022-23 school year
REGENTS EXAM SCHEDULE 2022
During the Regents testing dates, June 15-23, students only report if they are scheduled for an exam. This schedule only indicates NYS Regents exams. We will have a few local exams testing during that testing window and will communicate more in the upcoming weeks.
Each of our Contact Teachers has provided a TIPS sheet to help students prepare for subject-specific exams. Those tip sheets will begin appearing under the parent tab, soon. Please continue to direct questions to your student's teacher as they can provide the most up-to-date and immediate support.
INFINITE CAMPUS FOR PARENTS
If you do not have an Infinite Campus account, please use this link to learn more. If you need support signing up for an Infinite Campus account, please contact the IHS Counseling Office at 336- 2921.
IHS DEPT. CENTERS ARE OPEN FOR DROP-IN SUPPORT
SAFE SCHOOL HELPLINE
Safety is our top priority. Many students have been active in supporting a positive school climate by reporting their concerns through the Safe School Helpline. We continue to encourage, if you see something or have knowledge about something that is unsafe, say something!
Students/Parents/Guardians can also report directly to a teacher, counselor, administrator their concerns. Please remember to provide as many specifics as possible.
The Safe School Helpline is a convenient, confidential way for anyone to report information about situations that might affect safety at our schools. You can call the number any time of the day or night to report concerns about unsafe or potentially disruptive activities or situations including drug or alcohol abuse, weapons, harassment, bullying or threats. All calls are completely confidential.
This link will take you to the helpline or you can call using the numbers below:
800-418-6423 (800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359)
May 2-13: AP Testing
May 3: District Instrumental Jazz Night
May 4: 11th and 12th Grade Awards Ceremony (Virtual ) @6 pm
May 7: SAT
May 9: Final Cut Off Date for Personalized Senior Lawn Signs and Name Dropper Apparel
May 12: Student Council Breakfast 7 am
May 17: District Vote
May 19: Symphonic Band/Orchestra at 7 pm
May 23: Choristers/DSS/Sweet 16/ Jazz Choir Concert at 7 pm
May 26: Senior Slide Show and Yearbook Gathering at 3:15pm
May 27: Junior Prom @ Rochester Hyatt, 7 pm-11 pm
May 30: Memorial Day - No School
June 1: Graduation Concert @ 6:30pm
June 2: World Language Awards TBD
June 4: SAT
June 7: Athletic Awards TBD
June 2-4: Spring Comedy (Note: an earlier version had incorrect dates)
June 10: Senior Ball @ Harro East from 7pm-11pm
June 11: Senior Trip to Seabreeze
June 11: ACT (Register by May 6th)
June 13: Powder Puff- 2:45pm-3:30pm
June 13-14: Senior Cap and Gown Pick up/ Senior Laptop, books drop off
June 14: Last day of classes/ Flag Day details to follow
June 15: Seniors visit K-3 schools and playgrounds
June 15-23: NYS Regents Exams
June 17: Senior Car Parade @ IHS, 6pm
June 20: Observed Juneteenth- No School
June 23: Graduation Rehearsal
June 25: Graduation @ Frontier Field, 10 AM; Seniors report to buses at IHS by 8 AM
SPRING SPORTS ARE UNDER WAY!
The first spring game for all of our teams is scheduled for Saturday with IHS Softball! See our full schedule here: ATHLETIC SCHEDULE. The inaugral IHS Girls Flag Football game vs. Eastridge is 7 PM this Friday, April 29 at IHS. Come support this brand new team in a NYSPHSAA-sanctioned sport!
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
Address: 260 Cooper Road
Principal: Alecia Zipp-McLaughlin | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal: Amy Donk | email@example.com
- Assistant Principal: Barbara Harford | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal: Casey Nelan | email@example.com
Main office: (585) 266-7351
Secretary: Kim Schrank | firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Office: 585-336-2938
- Nurse: Mary Piston
Counseling Center: 336-2921
Attendance Office: 336-2919
Technology Support: https://wicsd.tech/
District Office: 585-342-5500 | District website: westirondequoit.org
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE IHS EVENTS CALENDAR