Macomb Intermediate School District
Developing Digitally Ready Educators - Apply NOW!
The Macomb ISD is looking for a diverse group of elementary and secondary educators from Macomb County to join MADE; the MISD's premier 2-year blended learning academy designed to help participants develop and facilitate a personalized learning environment that inspires digital age teaching and learning. This is a FREE professional development opportunity. Participants should be interested in using technology to support classroom instruction either directly as a teacher or as a media specialist/coach, but do NOT need to be technology experts to join.
As a participant in Cohort 9, you will
- understand and learn how to implement the models of blended learning.
- determine the elements of blended learning that will enhance your learning environment.
- go beyond the basic integration of educational technology to embedding it into everyday practice.
- gain a deeper understanding of how to utilize Schoology as an LMS.
- utilize MISD and district provided digital resources as well as appropriate free digital resources.
- gain a better understanding of Discovery Education Experience resources.
- explore the ISTE Educator Standards and ISTE Student Standards.
- learn how to connect the ISTE technology standards to your current practices.
- learn how to teach your students to use digital resources in safe and responsible ways.
- create effective blended lessons to use with your students/staff.
- understand and implement best practices for personalizing learning.
- complete an online course about the different components of blended learning; coursework will be spread out over the two years.
- connect the elements of differentiated instruction, learner variability, and Universal Design for Learning to blended instruction.
- participate in professional development training workshops (see dates below).
- create a digital artifact for your Capstone Project (culminating event for the year).
...and so much more. Join us for the informational webinar for a deeper dive.
Benefits of Participation
- FREE professional development
- Opportunity to earn approximately 39 - 46 SCECHs
- TIME to work on developing a blended environment for your students/staff
- Assistance with developing technology use that supports transformational instruction
- Free software, books, and other materials to support your blended journey
- Support from MISD consultants
- Networking with other educators
- Evidence needed for yearly evaluation
For More Information
- Join us for an informational webinar on Thursday, May 19 from 4:30 to 5:00 in this Zoom Room . Link to the recording will be available after May 19th.
- Visit the Success Stories page at MADE.MISD.net. It contains screencasts from past participants demonstrating their successes with blended learning.
- If you are interested in joining the next MADE cohort for this learning journey, please complete the Interest Form.
- Register in GSMU for Cohort 9.
- Contact Deb Potter, lead instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org or the lead consultants Kate Grunow email@example.com or Dr. Jennifer Parker firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE to register for MADE Cohort 9: August 17, 2022.
Mark Your Calendar!
2022 - 2023 Training Workshop Dates
08/24/22 -- Kickoff F2F
09/15/22 - Virtual
10/06/22 - Virtual
10/22/22 -- Saturday optional
11/03/22 - Virtual
12/01/22 - F2F
01/12/23 - Virtual
02/09/23 - Virtual
03/02/23 - F2F
03/11/23 -- Saturday optional
04/13/23 - Virtual
05/04/23 -- Capstone
- This is a tentative schedule and subject to change.
- All sessions except the Kickoff and Saturday optional dates will take place after school.
- Participants who are unable to attend LIVE sessions will participate by viewing the session recording at their earliest convenience.