Techie Tidbit Tuesday
January 26, 2016
I learned about some really cool Chrome extensions at Google Academy Day 2 with Kasey Bell and want to share with all of you. Sharing is caring!
Extensions are small software programs that can provide you with added features to your browser. Follow these steps to add an extension to your Chrome browser:
- Click on the pancake (3 lines) icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click on "More Tools"
- Click on "Extensions"
- Scroll all the way down and click on "Get more extensions"
- You've entered the Chrome Web Store. You can search for extensions here.
- Type in the name of the extension and hit enter.
- Locate the extension and click on "Add to Chrome:
Tool(s) of the Week: Chrome extensions
I believe the following four extensions will make your life a little easier :)
Tip of the Week: Google Books
GoogleBooks is a service provided by Google that allows you to search the full text of books and magazines that Google has scanned into their database. Check it out!
The Six Flags Read to Succeed Program is off to a great start! 360 minutes of recreational reading by February 19 can earn a student a free Six Flags ticket. Several students have been busy keeping others motivated to read. Check out this video!