Mrs. Byrd's English II
September 8 - 11
“If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.”
ID Badges & Dress Code
- 1st Period teacher will be checking for badges & dress code
- If you do not have your badge, you are considered out of dress code
- You will be issued a form that you must get signed by all of your teachers that day
- the next day you must return this form to the teacher that issued it AND show them your badge (to prove you have it)
- Failure to do so will result in a referral
Tardy Table Reminders:
If you are MORE THAN 10 MINUTES LATE to a class - you are considered skipping and will receive a referral. You must obtain a pass from the front office.
PICTURE DAY will be Tuesday September 8th
Please dress appropriately!
Monday, September 7th
NO SCHOOL - LABOR DAY
WEDNESDAY, September 9th
Period 1 -
Period 2 and 3 -
All classes - complete your baseline writing. The completed essays are due on CANVAS today before the end of each period.
THURSDAY and FRIDAY, September 10th - 11th
EQ: What are the important elements of poetry that I need to understand in order to analyze a poem?
- Poetry guided notes
- Music & Poetry - how are they the same?
- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
- "Monster" by Eminem
FRIDAY - COMPLETE POETRY INTRODUCTION