The Roadrunner Report
The Rundown on Ridgewood Elementary - November 15, 2019
Together with our community, Ridgewood Elementary School provides an education inspired by the attributes of the IB Learner Profile while fostering learner agency and encouraging meaningful action.
Principal Perspective - Social Emotional Learning
All families are invited to attend our Social Emotional Learning Family Night on Monday, December 16th from 6:30-7:30p.m. Both Ms. Allen and Ms. Callie, our counselor, will be sharing information and resources for families to use at home to support each child's social and emotional growth. Thank you for your support of this amazing work!
- Next Thursday, November 21: Help kids navigate around the world! Click HERE to sign-up and view when your child(ren) will be participating. Contact Lucia Dallas with questions: email@example.com
Book Fair in the Playroom:
- December 9-13: Help our kids develop a life-long love of reading! Shifts are before school, during lunch recesses and after school. Assist kids to find item prices, count their money and keep the shelves tidy. Sign up HERE. Family Book Fair Night is Wednesday 12/11, from 5:30-7:00 pm with PIZZA available for purchase!! Contact Orissa Crispin or Angela Healy with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Activity Coordinator Needs:
- We are looking for a Ridgewood parent (or two!) to volunteer to fill the Field Day Activity Coordinator position! What a better way to show your Ridgewood spirit by ending this school year with another fun Field Day?! Please contact Orissa Crispin or Sandy Dinsdale on the Volunteer Coordination Team to volunteer if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kinder Reading and Writing:
- Help one or two kindergarten children with their reading and writing. Click HERE to log in, then find a day and time that works for you on the Opportunity Calendar. Contact Ms Brown, Ms Curtis or Ms Simantel with questions: Jennifer_Brown@beaverton.k12.or.us,email@example.com, Cynthia_Simantel@beaverton.k12.or.us
Morning Mix Stations:
Recognize a deserving volunteer:
- Drop their name in the “Big Beep” bucket in the front office, near the volunteer sign-in computer. A winner is selected at each month’s PTC meeting.
Sandy Dinsdale and Orissa Crispin
Ridgewood PTC Volunteer Coordination Team
**If you no longer have children attending Ridgewood Elementary, please notify: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Conferences Have Changed
Spring conferences for Ridgewood will now be held on April 1st and 2nd, with school closed on April 2nd and 3rd.
The original conference dates (April 29th and 30th, plus Friday, May 1st) will now be regular school days.
Please take a couple minutes to let us know what you love about our library and what ideas you have to make it even better. Students and staff will take separate surveys.
Holiday Support for Families
The Helping Hands Are Up!
If you would like to help support Ridgewood families this holiday season, please make sure to pass by the bulletin board across from the office and pick a mitten with a donation you would like to make. The mittens have specific gifts and there are also hands with gift card ideas. All gift donations can be wrapped and given to the office or Callie McAuliffe, School Counselor. Please label the gift with the specific item. Please return the gifts by December 16th! Ridgewood thanks you for helping support our families!
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Callie McAuliffe: 503-356-2444 or email@example.com
Report Cards are Going Paperless!
Big changes are coming to report cards! Beginning in January, BSD schools will no longer send home paper copies of student report cards. Instead, grades will be posted on ParentVue for parents to review. In order to access your child's grades, parents will need to be signed up for ParentVue. If you have not yet established a ParentVue account, please contact the school office.
Middle School Boundary Adjustment Advisory Committee
The Middle School Boundary Adjustment Advisory Committee held a public meeting last Tuesday at Stoller Middle School. The meeting was live streamed and the video is available on the Middle School Boundary Adjustment webpage.
The primary activity was a visioning workshop, where the public helped create the first set of themes for potential middle school boundaries. Everyone in attendance was at a table with approximately 6-8 people; they each had a large district-wide map and markers with which to work. The objective was for each table, as a group, to create a new boundary for the new middle school, reduce the size of Stoller Middle School, and amend other middle school boundaries to accommodate the changes created by the first two items.
Ridgewood will be conducting hearing screenings for all students in grades K-2 on Dec. 13.
Vision screening for all Ridgewood students will take place on Dec. 18. If your child wears glasses, please make sure they bring them to school that day.
Please notify the office in writing if you do not want your student(s) screened for either or both of these services.
Change of After School Plans?
The 2:00p.m. deadline allows us to communicate the changes to all affected students and teachers prior to dismissal. Since we typically have a large number of changes each day, we may not be able to accommodate your request if you call after 2:00p.m.
Dates to know...
11/18-25 - Cosmic Bowling
11/21 - Passport day
11/27-29 - SCHOOL CLOSED for Thanksgiving holiday
12/2 - NO SCHOOL, staff development day
12/9-13 - Book Fair
12/10 - PTC Meeting, 6:30pm
12/11 - Coffee with the Principal, 8:30-9:30am
12/11 - Book Fair Family Night, 5:30-7:00pm
12/12 - 4th/5th grade musical, 6:30pm (doors open 6:15pm)
12/13 - Hearing screening, grades K-2
12/16 - Parent Engagement Night (SEL), 6:30-7:30pm
12/18 - Vision screening
12/19 - Passport day
12/20 - Class parties
12/23 - Winter break begins, SCHOOL CLOSED
1/6 - SCHOOL RESUMES
The Beaverton School District does not sponsor or endorse the activities and/or information in community flyers.