- The ring-tails nose is naked and moist
- Ring-tailed lemurs have black skin, mostly covered by grey fur.
- They also have patches of white fur on their faces, ears, and underbelly.
- Their long tails have a fur pattern of alternating black and white rings.
- They have bright yellow or amber eyes, surrounded by mask-like black skin.
- Both male and female lemur measure about 42.5 cm in length, and weigh roughly 2.2 kg in the wild.
- Lemurs are found in the island of Madagascar in Africa
- They live in the dry woodland districts
- Lemurs are generally herbivorous
- Their diets consisting mainly of leaves, fruits, and berries
- they occasionally take bird eggs, small mammals, and insects.
- They are prey
- predators are the gray harrier hawk, dogs and cats
Reason for endangerment
- the sparse, dry forests they love are quickly vanishing.
- hunted for food
they are also kept as pets.
- Interior structure of their deteriorated spines which helps them climb the trees of the jungle.
- They have fingernails, toe nails and opposable thumbs
- They have a specialized tooth used for scraping during grooming