The Cub Hub
Frost Elementary News
Parents & Families,
Thank you for your patience in the car drop-off & pick-up lines the first few weeks of school! We have lots of new students learning new procedures & car tag numbers, but we're rolling along much more smoothly now. Here are a few things you can do to help us speed up the lines:
- PUT CELL PHONES AWAY for everyone's safety
- During both arrival and dismissal, the right lane is for loading and the left lane is for through traffic. Wyrick Street is one way during loading times.
- Secondary students unload/load at the front office door. Please pull all the way up so as not to block the elementary line. Secondary car riders should wait at the front office door rather than walking down to the elementary.
Arrival 7:15 - 7:45
- Have everything ready to go when you get in the car in the morning - backpacks zipped up with notes & homework already inside, lunchboxes packed & closed, shoes tied, hair brushed, etc. - so students can hop out with a quick goodbye when they arrive at school.
- Teach your child how to unbuckle and get out of the car his/herself and practice when you go other places.
- Save questions for a call or email, or schedule a conference time to come in and talk.
- If you need to come inside the school, park in the parking lot and check in at the front office.
- School does not open until 7:15 am. Please do not drop students off before staff are on duty to supervise them.
- Students who eat breakfast at school should arrive between 7:15-7:30. Students not eating breakfast may arrive between 7:30 - 7:40 to get to class by the 7:45 start time.
- The tardy bell rings at 7:50 am.
- Please join the end of the line when you arrive for pick-up. We're lining students up in order, so cars that get out of order slow us down.
- Please have your car tag visible in the front window. Mrs. Carson is sending the numbers inside so students may be lined up quickly in order.
- Teach your child how to buckle up and practice when you go other places.
- Students are not dismissed from their classrooms until 3:20, so there's no need to arrive early.
Online Registration & Parent Portal
Online RegistrationIf you haven't already, please complete your online registration. ALL students, whether new or returning, must have the online information completed. Please contact Reina Suaste at the front office, or Trecia Woodall, our technology specialist, if you need assistance.
Once registered, you may continue to access Parent Portal to monitor your child's grades (except for PK-K). Please contact your child's teacher if you ever have questions or concerns regarding grades or progress.
Sept. 3 - End of 1st Three-Week Grading Period
Sept. 6 - Holiday
Sept. 7 - Pajama Dress-Up Day for Homecoming Spirit Week
Sept. 8 - Hawaiian Dress-Up Day; Progress Reports Go Home
Sept. 9 - Movie/Cartoon Character Dress-Up Day
Sept. 10 - Blue & White School Spirit Dress-Up Day & Homecoming
Sept. 24 - End 1st Six-Week Grading Period
Sept. 30 - Report Cards Go Home