Soaring Over MDE
Sorry for the delay....
At school, the final touches have been put on the campus. Classrooms have been set up utilizing social distancing guidelines of six feet between students. Painting of arrows, social distance markings and dots have been completed across the campus. Bathrooms stalls and sinks have been measured and those that need to be taped up and marked not to use for distancing purposes have been completed. Taping and bagging all the drinking fountains inside the classrooms and outside. Accompanying signage has also been put up across the campus. We are so ready for students to be back on campus. When the county and district say it is time, we will welcome our eagles with open wings!
Tuesday, February 24 our School Site Council will be meeting. During this meeting we will be reviewing any questions and voting on the Safety Plan. The agenda is posted to the bottom of this newsletter.
The MDUSD Board meeting is this Wednesday. Here is a link to the board meetings: BOARD MEETINGS
Please remember that this Friday is Coffee with the Principal. ZOOM LINK at 9:15 am I hope to see you there! (Meeting ID: 209 935 8373)
I have been loving Principal's Pals. Every Wednesday and Friday at 11:30. We have been doing quite a few scavenger hunts and art lessons! Every student is invited!
Below please find a few messages from our PFC regarding Read-A-Thon and the Yearbook. At present time, we have raised $5,369 for the Read-a-Thon! Let's keep donating for our Soaring Readers!
Dear MDE Families,
I am excited to share with you the plans for MDE’s first Read-A-Thon! We all know it’s been an incredibly challenging last year. Our school needs us now more than ever, and we are hopeful that we can rally students together with family and friends to encourage reading and to help build literacy skills, while of course raising money. Our goal is to raise $20,000, and we can’t do it without YOU!!!
Our inaugural Read-a-thon will go for 2 weeks- starting next Monday, February 22- Friday, March 8.
Participating is easy. To sign up, go to: https://pledgestar.com/mtdiabloread/. Once you register your child, you can use the online tools to reach out to friends and family & get their support. You will track your child’s minutes read in the activity log on pledge star.
We’d be so grateful for your participation and support. And of course, we’ve got some fun prizes to encourage participation & fundraising:
2021 Read-A-Thon Prizes:
- Every child who registers for the Read-A-Thon receives a fun snap bracelet
- Every child who raises $100 gets entered into a drawing for a mini Ipad
- The child who raises the most money gets $100 Amazon gift card
- Class with the most $$$ raised: $5 ice cream certificate for each student
- Class with the most minutes read: $5 ice cream certificate for each student
Thank you in advance for helping make our first Read-A-Thon a success! Looking forward to raising money alongside you all.
2021 Read-A- Thon Chair
1st grade mom
**Order Your MDE Yearbook**
Yearbook orders are now open! We are happy to announce we will continue to partner with TreeRing for our yearbook. Some of the features available with TreeRing:
- Each student's family has the option to create a 2-page custom spread (prints only in student’s yearbook) at no additional charge. Your student is guaranteed a prominent place in his/her yearbook! (Help with creating and customizing these pages is available on the TreeRing website at TreeRing Help - Creating Custom ages)
- A tree is planted for each yearbook sold!
- TreeRing app available for ordering yearbook and uploading photos. Download in the app store.
Please visit www.treering.com/validate and enter the school passcode 101460570268882 to order. Yearbooks are $25.
With distance learning, our yearbooks will look very different this year, and we need your help to make them amazing! We've got new ideas for showcasing our students and families, so please check out the TreeRing shared folders for new topics for photos. Instructions for uploading photos are attached. Subjects include:
- Beach, Snow, Camping, Hiking and other family time
- Birthday Celebrations
- First Day of School
- Kindness Week
- Hundredth Day of School
- Valentines, St. Patricks, and Winter Holidays
- Many more!!
If you have any questions, please contact Erin Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.