Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of May 23-May 29
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Jesus Sends the Holy Spirit
Did you know that there are around 6,500 languages spoken in the world today? How many languages can you speak? If you can speak a second language, turn to the person next to you and see if they can understand what you are saying!
Jewish believers from many different nations had come to Jerusalem to celebrate the festival of Pentecost. When they heard a sound of a mighty rushing wind, they came to see what it was. To their surprise, this multitude of people heard and understood Jesus' disciples speaking about Jesus in their very own languages!
Bible Lesson: Jesus Sends the Holy Spirit Acts 2:1-24
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible Storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Acts 2:1-24 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- What amazing things happened on Pentecost?
- What was Peter's message to the crowd?
- Imagine you were there on that day of Pentecost. What would you have thought? What would you have done?
On Pentecost, there was a sound of a mighty rushing wind that came from heaven and caused a multitude of people to come and see what was happening. The disciples had tongues like fire resting on their heads, and they started speaking in many different languages.
Peter told the crowd that Jesus the Messiah had come, but that the Jews had rejected Him and put Him to death on the cross. But Jesus had risen from the dead! Then Peter told the crowd to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, and they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38
Things To Do Together
Share the Love of Jesus with Someone Today!
The Lord's Prayer
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment