NO SCHOOL DAY REMINDERS 📌
- March 12
- March 15 -19: Spring Break
Things to Remember to bring to school
- Water bottle
- Face covering
- Warm clothes: Jacket, hats, gloves, and boots for recess
Parent Teacher Conferences
School Bookings will close Friday for scheduling parent teacher conferences. Please contact your student's teacher or the office at 633-5800 if you were unable to schedule a conference time. Conferences will be held all day on March 3 (asynchronous day for all learners), the evening of March 4 (for in-person and online learners), the evening of March 8 (for in-person learners only), and the evening of March 9 (for online learners only).
Penny Wars and Read Across America Week! 📚
READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK: MARCH 1-5
Read Across America Week IS the first week of March. Students will be doing many fun things to celebrate a love for reading!
Each classroom will have a special reader join them (virtually) on Friday, March 5, in the afternoon. To learn more about our guest readers, see the volunteer opportunities below. Be sure to ask your student who joined their classroom!
DRESS UP DAYS
chosen by Clive Learning Academy's sixth-grade students:
- Monday, March 1: Crazy Head & Toe Day (wear fun socks/shoes and a fun hat, headband, crazy hair, etc.)
- Tuesday, March 2: Favorite Team Day (wear team gear or jerseys.)
- Wednesday, March 3: ALL VIRTUAL DAY Pajama Day (wear your PJs and have your favorite stuffed animal join you for your day.)
- Thursday, March 4: Pattern Day (wear stripes, polka dots, plaid, etc., and as much of it as you can!)
- Friday, March 5: Clive Spirit Day (dress in school spirit wear, wear black/orange, or dress like a tiger.)
From March 1-5, students are encouraged to bring coins or dollar bills to school and allocate them to grade levels of their choice. Pennies and dollar bills RAISE the total, silver coins LOWER the total in your grade's jar. The grade level with the most money raised at the end of the week will receive a classroom party of their choice. All money raised will go to the PTO and be spent directly on our students. *Online giving options will be available via PayPal and Venmo. We encourage virtual learners to participate in the fun as well! See our virtual flyer here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XiYyovxSp-kVUfCRLc1rnTrew4vmcPXN/view?usp=sharing
PTO NEWS 📣
Virtual Classroom Reader Volunteers STILL Needed for March 5
Do you have a special hobby? Do you have a fun job? Do you have a cool pet? We are looking for community members and parents to join the kids via Zoom or submit a recording of themselves reading a children's book. March 1-5 is Read Across America Week, and we would love to give our students one more reason to be excited about reading! We need a variety of guest readers who would be willing to tell us a little bit about themselves and then share a picture book. If you know someone who would be interested in reading, please share their contact information with email@example.com. We will work with them directly to coordinate the details.
Dinners for Staff on Conference Nights
To show our appreciation for all the Clive staff, the PTO will be providing meals in the staff lounge on conference evenings. This spring those dates are March 4 and March 8. If you would like to contribute to the meal, please sign up to donate an item at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084CAFAB22A5FD0-spring2. We thank you in advance for your support and donations!
Challenge of the Books: Last Chance to Register
If you have a fourth-, fifth-, or sixth-grader who loves to read, consider signing them up for our Challenge of the Books team! Students will read a set of books and then compete against other schools in the district in book trivia. To sign up, click here: https://forms.gle/NcL2JcHDdghqVcE58. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order Your 2020-2021 Yearbook Now
Yearbooks for this school year can be purchased by going to http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A09864222. Cost is $14. Yearbooks will be delivered to the school mid-May and will be sent home with students accordingly. A pick up time will be arranged for virtual learners to receive their copies. The PTO does not stock extra yearbooks so please be sure to order by March 31 if your student would like to have one.
PTO Executive Board and Committee Volunteer Opportunities
We are actively recruiting for executive board positions and committee members for the 2021-22 school year. Being involved with the PTO is a wonderful way to meet other parents as well as get to know the teachers and staff at Clive. Openings for the next school year are listed below. To learn more about these roles or to express your interest, email email@example.com.
- Vice President: Helps all board members with a little bit of everything. Shadows to move into the presidency role.
- Secretary/Communications: Manages the PTO website and blog, submits articles for this publication, maintains the PTO's social media accounts, as well as compiles meeting agendas and takes minutes at all meetings.
- Treasurer: Manages the bank account and finances. Works closely with the WDMCS Foundation for tax reporting.
- Fundraising Chair: Coordinates efforts of the fundraising committee to raise money to support the PTO's budget for the following year. Could be a co-chair position if two volunteers wished to share the position.
- Hospitality Chair: Coordinates the staff appreciation meals such as conference dinners, back to school breakfast, and Teacher Appreciation Week festivities.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruits helpers for other board members as needed. Organizes and communicates with volunteers for special events (Fun Run, Family Fun Night, etc.)
- Co-Coordinator of Parties: Organizes and orchestrates the Fall Party, Winter Party and Friendship Party for all classrooms in the school. This is a two-volunteer job and is a shared responsibility position.
- Fundraising Committee Members: This small group supports the Fundraising Chair in deciding how money should be raised and then completes the tasks necessary to make our budgeted goal.
What You Can Do To Help
- Download the free Box Tops for Education app and start scanning! Each Box Top scanned in is worth 10 cents — these add up fast!
- Choose Clive Learning Academy as your Amazon Smile charity of choice. Visit smile.amazon.com for details.
- Attend a PTO meeting! Meetings are a great way to stay informed, meet other Clive families, and to get involved.