Citizens Memorial Elementary School Update: April 27- May 1
I, too, took the week off for some much needed R&R.
We are now in the home stretch and the end of this school year will be here before we know it. Let's continue to work together to make the remainder of the year go smoothly.
As we enter this week, keep in mind that we still have 4 assessments before the end of the school year. This week we will be organizing for NECAP Science (Gr 4) and for PARCC EOY (Grades 3,4,5).
Some things to know for this week:
- I will be meeting with teachers and performing observations all week for teacher evaluations.
- I have an Admin Council Meeting Tuesday morning.
- I will be late to school Wednesday morning due to an appointment.
- We to need to submit artifacts and examples of how our school has been engaged with parents and community partners. I want to include what class room teachers, service providers and support staff have done/are doing in the school's submission. Submissions can include communication logs, classroom events ( living museums, performances),etc.
- The school's Title One Binder is due to Mc Fee by the end of the week.
- We need to make progress on the School Improvement Plan which is due in a couple of weeks.
- The laminating machine is located in the library behind the counter and ready to be used. Please see Brenda for the key to use it. If there are any problems Mrs. Zagrodny, Mrs. Moniz and Ms. Cifelli have volunteered to trouble shoot. I can help if I am available. Our custodian, Dave, is also well versed in trouble shooting the machine as they have the same one at Pothier. I ask that materials are used sparingly. I want to make sure all teachers are able to laminate items for use in their classrooms.
Brenda's Secretary Week
She was happy to see how much she is appreciated! THANK YOU!!!
The assessment will be three sessions.
We will not be afforded the same support the school received for the spring assessment as most support staff from Pothier will be unavailable. As a result, we will be assessing by grade level as opposed to assessing the entire school at the same time.
The following is an example of our proposed he testing schedule:
- Grade 3 will be testing on May 11th & 12th. Day 1 will have morning and afternoon sessions. The morning of Day 2 will be the third session.
- Grade 4 will be testing on May 13th & 14th. Day 1 will have morning and afternoon sessions. The morning of Day 2 will be the third session.
- Grade 5 will be testing on May 18th and 19th. Day one will have morning and afternoon sessions. The morning of Day 2 will be the third session.
- Make up sessions will be conducted on the afternoons of May 12, 14 & 19, as well as, all day May 20- 23.
This will be another "all hands on deck" situation where we will be utilizing all of our teachers to assess, especially for our groups of students who require accommodations.
I will notify you when we have solidified the testing schedule. We still need to group our students in each grade level according to their accommodations. This will give us a clearer picture of what we will need for test administrators.
Only Grade 4 students will take this assessment.
We have yet to organize for this assessment. The materials had not been delivered as of Thursday April 23rd.
The proposed plan is to begin assessing the first session on May 4th and assessing May 4, 5 and 6.
We will have a clearer picture by the end of the day on Monday, April 27th.
We will need to group students for accommodations this will fall on the shoulders of support staff and teachers. Once the plan is in place it will be communicated to the faculty, staff and school community.
Please take the time to Thank Mrs. Boivert for organizing the week and also Thank You to Ms. Mowbry and Mrs Charette for making sure that the week went on as scheduled while Mrs. Boivert attended district workshops for Fundations.
Our "Reading Under the Stars" event went very well. Thank you to all who volunteered to participate and make it a success. The planetarium was a big hit and we will definitely use it in the future.
Thank You to Mrs. Philips and Ms. Laplante for organizing the Book Fair. Mrs. Philips and her family worked countless hours to make sure that the operations ran smoothly and that the fair could remain open for the entire week. Much appreciated!!
The LUAU Party will be on Friday, May 22nd from 6pm- 8pm.
Things to Keep in Mind
If you are using pictures of students for school related publications they must have a signed release giving the school permission to use their child's image.
Field Trip Requests- Before booking Field Trips there needs to be a conversation with me to go over the activity, the purpose, funding and permission slips.
Our "Clean Your Closet Weekend" is coming up soon. I will let you know the exact date.
Please continue to communicate any issues or concerns regarding the facility, procedures and safety to Brenda or Me.