This Week in Pre-AP Math 8
December 7 - December 11
Grades and Progress Reports
- If you see this (*) it means that there is no grade entered. This is either that I haven't entered that assignment or that your student was absent. This assignment is NOT missing, even though it will be listed in the missing assignments because Skyward marks anything where there is no grade entered as missing. Rest assured that, at this time, that assignment is NOT hurting your student's grade.
- If you see a zero (0), this assignment IS missing and IS hurting your student's average. They need to complete and return this assignment as soon as possible.
End of Fall Semester
Blackboard and Tutoring
Just a reminder that Blackboard is updated daily with calendar entries to let students know what they may have missed if they were absent. Also, the calendar has important events, such as marking period dates and test dates on it. I also post copies of assignments and handouts in Blackboard and attach copies of daily work assignments in Skyward.
Also, just a reminder that I am generally available for tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school, if students are struggling and need extra help. If Tuesdays and Thursdays don't work out for your student, encourage them to talk to me, as I am here many of the weekdays after school and could likely arrange another day if they need it.
This week, I will be available on Monday/Thursday (until around 5) and Friday (until about 4:15). I will NOT be available on Tuesday this week.
- I will be giving the final exam review to students on Monday, December 14. We will work on it in class both Monday and Tuesday
- Finals begin on Wednesday, December 16 (see schedule below)
- No backpacks will be allowed during finals (Wednesday - Friday). Students will be allowed to bring a folder/binder, so they will need to make sure to bring any review materials with them that they will need.
- No exams will be given ahead of time, as it is against CISD policy. If a student is absent, they will need to take their exam when they come back from Winter Break.
- Friday's early dismissal: students will be able to purchase lunch or bring their own, as normal. Dismissal will be at 12:05 pm. Please make every effort to pick up your child (have them picked up) no later than 12:15 pm. Buses will run as normal for students who qualify
Final Exam Schedule:
Wednesday, December 16
8:05 - 9:35 1st Period Review
9:40 - 11:40 3rd Period Exam
11:45 - 1:45 5th Period Exam
1:50 - 3:25 7th Period Exam
Thursday, December 17
8:05 - 9:35 2nd Period Review
9:40 - 11:40 4th Period Exam
11:45 - 1:45 6th Period Exam
1:50 - 3:25 8th Period Exam
Friday, December 18
8:05 - 9:35 1st Period Exam
9:40 - 11:10 2nd Period Exam
11:10 - 12:05 Lunch/Early Dismissal
This Week In Pre-AP Math 8
- We will be finishing Unit 7 this week. The focus will be reflections, rotations, and combined transformations
- The test for Unit 7 is going to be Friday, December 11
- Finals week is December 14 - December 18
- LAST day to turn in work for my class is Friday, December 11