- *The cat has a long neck, a small broad head short rounded ears.
- They are black on the back and a long cylindrical tail with a black tip.
- The coat is a uniform color,hence the Latin name con color varying from silvery gray thought tawny yellow to lights reddish brown.
- They are 105-196cm body length.The tail length 67-78cm.
- The male weight is 53-72kg. Also they are know as pumas,mountain lion and panthers
Food chain and habitat
- The cougar has only one predictor,humans.It is strong otherwise near the top of the food chain.
- It is predator and it is carnivor so it meat
- The cougars are located in North America and Central America.the tip of Argentina to chile.
- The terrain is in the mountains or the plains.
- The baby codgers are called cubs and male and female are called cougars
- It is highly adaptable, found in a diverse range of habitats from desert to tropical rain forrest, also to coniferous forrest from sea level to 5,000 meters in the Andes.
- Study show that dense understory vegetation preferred.
- They can also live in open areas with spares vegetation.
- Although terrestral cougars can swim and climb trees when they need to.
Reasons for endangerment and critical information
- The threat to these animals are mostly humans.
- The kill for fur.
- Even when their almost at the top.
- They are the least concerend.