September 16, 2016
OUTDOOR CLASSROOM CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Coming Up this week and next:
Happy Birthday to: Julie 9/19, Deb Dauffenbach 9/20
Please make sure the office receives a copy of your schedule; thank you.
Health Cards due to the office.
Be sure you're getting your Staff Panther of the Nominations turned in
Friday 9/16 4th Grade Field Trip; Kathy Burant is here for Jamie K., Sandy O. is out
Tuesday 9/20 All School Picture Day; plan of room usage hanging by mailboxes; Tina and Erin at all day training
Wednesday 9/21 Universal Vocabulary Staff Mtg 7:30-8:30 "Choosing Words to Teach"; 4th Gr Field Trip 10-:00-12:00; Admin Jones 8:00-4:00
Thursday 9/22 PBIS Tier II 1:00-4:00 Koni, Dan, Heidi, Anne, Karen, Tina, Erin, Jen W
Friday 9/23 PBIS Celebration 1:30-3:30
Monthly Fire Drill
- Your class knows where to line up on the playground during a fire drill; home room and during specials
- Your white emergency folder is stocked with your current class list and critical phone numbers for families; this folder should accompany you during ALL emergency drills.
- Your emergency folder should also include a green and red sheet of construction paper that you show during the drill to indicate all of your students are or are not with you.
- Remember that if you have a Wilkie-talkie on your person or in your classroom that it should accompany you during an emergency drill
- If possible grab a reflective vest on your way out the door so that emergency responders are able to easily identify staff
- Remind student why it is important that they remain quiet during emergency drills
- Have a plan for children with compromised mobility
- Remind students that the fire alarm is loud for a reason; we need to make sure everyone can hear it and it is ok for them to cover their ears
- As always, our September fire drill will be announced and I will also prep students via PKL and I will be adding much of the above information to the Panther Press so that parents can support our safety efforts as well
Information: National Board Certification
Refer to memos from 9/6 and 9/7
Assessments; updated 9-7-16
Please make sure that you enter ALL scores into Skyward by the end of the assessment period. This includes both F and P (if administered) and Words Their Way scores. Thank you!
MAP assessment window for grades 1-4 runs September 12th-23rd. Sign ups are in the conference room. Kindergarten is not until October.
F&P for any students new to PKL grades 5K-4th September 8th-22nd
The Words Their Way assessment window runs September 1st-15th. K and 1st should use the primary inventory and 2nd-4th the elementary inventory. If students score extremely high on the elementary inventory I would be happy to take them and administer the upper elementary inventory to gather more information.
PKL 94 Jen will be reviewing recess expectations
Week 1: Panthers in the Classroom
Week 2: Panthers Around School (lunchroom, restroom, halls)
Week 3: Panthers on the Playground
Friday 9/23 watch Inside Out. First round of SAIG groups begin with Jen Wagner (planning for changing families and a girls group to continue from spring. We have over 50 students new to PKL so I've asked her to make ensuring they are making friendship connections a priority.
Friday 9/30 First Midnight Meeting (grade level colors) and Market
October 10-14 Complete Internal/External assessments with hopes of next round of SAIG beginning 10/21 &10/28 depending on parent permissions.
SAIG: Jen Wagner has placed a preliminary/tentative plan in mailboxes
Educator Effectiveness Update...September and October
September/October: complete district assessments and review data. Craft SLO's and PPG's by October 31st. The Joan/Sarah meetings of years past will not occur this year for those on supportive. Instead I will meet with everyone via common planning or 10/7 (the PD day). Teaching and Learning staff will also be on site on 10/7 if you'd like to meet with them. Summary year friends will needs to complete the self-review as well but as I always say, "Never hurts to review the self-review."
January/February: Mid-year reviews by 2/20
April-June 30th: wrap up and complete end year stuff