BY: Arman Merchant
What is Hitlers Youth?
Hitler Youth was a camp set up by the Nazi party to get kids aged between 14-18, ready for the war that lies in the future.They were included in various activities like camping, surviving in the wilderness, shooting weapons, and many more. The emphasis of the camp was to get the future generation ready, for the future. It helped officials look at young boys who would lead the Nazis in killing off the Jews. The kids had began training when they turned 14 and were put into battle when there 18.
All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.
Facts about Hitler Youth
2. Children often reported their parents for taking against Nazis. This would leave to imprisonment or cruel punishment.
3. Girls were taught to be good household wives and mothers
4. Boys were taught to throw grenades and shoot long riffles.
5. Overtime, Hitlers Youth had 7 million people and was the largest youth group.
6. When boys were 10 years old, the joined the GYP (German Young People).
7. When girls were 10 years old, the joined the LYG (League of Young Girls).
8. Teachers complained that kids were so tired, they couldn't stay awake during school hours.
9. You were only allowed to join if you were pure German, if you were German and Jewish you would be killed.
10. Parents were threatened to let there kids join, if not they were thrown in an orphanage.
11. Hitler wanted to train children because they were easier to "Brainwash".
12. Posters were used to advertise for more members in Hitlers Youth
13. In the first month of combat, 20% of the kids were hurt and couldn't fight anymore.