PCHS Weekly Updates
May 13, 2022
Note from Mrs. McBride & Mrs. Woods
We're down to the final week for our Seniors! Wow. What a great bunch of students with so many exciting plans ahead. We look forward to a positive and celebratory last week of school with you!
Please read below for details about Chromebooks, Summer School options, and more!
Thanks, and have a great weekend!
Mrs. McBride & Mrs. Woods
PCHS Top 5 Scholars Recognized at SEC Banquet
Our Top 5 PCHS Senior Scholars were recently recognized at the annual SEC Banquet where they also got to interact with fellow Top 5ers from across the conference. It was an impressive bunch with impressive post-secondary plans! Here is our Top 5's plans:
Standing L-R: Jaylynn Yang, Salutatorian-University of Michigan to study Biopsychology, Cognition & Neuroscience; Audra Woehle-University of Michigan to study Political Science/International Relations; Nicholas Benzie-University of Michigan to study Mathematics; and Mrs. Woods, Principal of Student Services
Seated L-R: Annie Ozias, Valedictorian-Grand Valley State University to study Computer Science and Graphic Design and Abby Strandt-University of Michigan to study Nursing
Save the Date - Act 2 Experimental Theatre Project
Summer Chromebook Policy - Current Grades 5th-11th
With the end of the year quickly approaching we want to share some good news with you (and your students) about the Chromebooks. We will be allowing current grade 5 through grade 11 students to keep their Chromebooks throughout the summer. It will be their responsibility to keep the device safe and report any issues they may have.
If you would like to opt-out of this and have the device stay at PCS over the summer please fill out the form linked here:
If there is a problem with the computer and they need to get help, please use the helpdesk:
If they lose the charger and need to replace it, they need a 65 Watt, USB-C AC Charger. You can order one through Amazon at the link below.
If you are going to move away from the district and your student(s) will not return to Pinckney Community Schools you will need to turn in the computer, charger, and any other materials you have from the schools. If you do not turn in your charger, a $25 fee will be added to your Student Body Account on MiSTAR. If you do not turn in your computer, a $305 fee will be added to your Student Body Account on MiSTAR.
To start the student withdrawal process please visit this page:
Senior Spotlights on Instagram
Note to Seniors from PCS Tech Department
We are so proud to have been a small part of your PCS learning journey and wish you the best as you prepare for what’s next. :-)
Senior laptop collection will be happening on the following days:
- During a seminar on TUESDAY, May 17 at 9:10 through the end of 6th hour/lunch.
- During a seminar on THURSDAY, May 19 at 9:10 through the end of 6th hour/lunch.
- The morning of your Graduation Rehearsal on THURSDAY, June 2 at 8:30am.
** If you would like to turn in your laptop at PATHFINDER (the DISTRICT OFFICE) from May 23-May 26 please submit a HELPDESK TICKET and we will arrange a time with you. https://helpdesk.pinckneypirates.org
Be sure to turn in your laptop and charger.
If you do not turn in your charger, a $25 fee will be added to your Student Body Account on MiSTAR.
Q. Can I just leave the computer in the office or give it to a teacher?
A. No. It needs to be checked in by a member of the tech department.
Q. Can I turn in a computer for a friend?
A. Yes. The tech department will accept a computer from a friend, enemy, parent, guardian, or even fictive kin. If the computer is returned without a charger, the $25 fee will be added to the student account and any damage to the device will be recorded and fees added to your Student Body Account (MiSTAR).
Q. What if I need to keep my computer to finish some assignments?
A. Here’s a form. You need to fill out this form and then get to work! ;-) Your Student Body Account is going to show that you have NOT turned in the device and the full cost will remain on the account until the device is returned.
Transferring your PCS School account to a personal account
Access to your district student Google account will be permanently suspended on September 30, 2023.
Please take note that all district Google account holders, including students, are able to transfer copies of their documents and emails to a non-district Google Account and/or download their data.
If interested in Google's free TRANSFER service, please see this help guide:
If interested in Google's free DOWNLOAD service, please see this help guide:
Both of these services work via Google TakeOut and are quick and easy to initiate.
*Please consider alerting important contacts that your email address will no longer work after September 30, 2023. You may want to provide them with your new email address as soon as possible to avoid lapses in
**If you used your school email address for Parchment (transcripts), College Board (SAT), or any other services (Spotify, Xbox, iTunes, etc) you will need to update these accounts/services with your new email address.
Graduation Tickets & Capacity
Our last resort solution if the weather simply does not cooperate is to move the ceremony indoors to the PCHS Gym. The Gym is our largest indoor venue option in the district, and it will allow a guest maximum to 6 per student (versus 2 guests in the Tasch). Students will receive these 6 tickets (also free) during the graduation rehearsal on Thursday, June 2 (9:00am). Our top priority is the stadium though!
UPDATE: Thanks to the PCHS PTO, graduation will now also be live streamed!
We can't wait!
Support the Senior All-Nighter!
Hello Pirate Community,
Our Senior All Nighter is June 2, 2022. It means the world to us to be able to continue the Senior All Nighter tradition for the Class of 2022. This night provides our kids with a safe, drug and alcohol free environment of FUN! Without you, this event would not be possible! Whatever you are able to donate will be greatly appreciated.
You can donate monetarily by clicking on the link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=NX9RQ8NZFUULW or use the provided QR Code below and use the drop down to select Senior All Nighter. And/Or, if you would like to donate a prize to the PCHS Senior All Nighter, you can purchase from our Senior All Nighter Amazon Wishlist, and have it delivered directly to PCHS (just check for the address options at checkout)!
We appreciate your support,
Senior All Nighter Parent Committee
Register Your Senior to Attend the Senior All-Nighter Here!
Class of 2022 Senior Dates
Consider Filling Out this Student-Led Form
Looking for Pinckney Gear?
Or head on over to our athletic site here!
Help Bring a Therapy Dog to Every PCS School
Parent Volunteers Wanted!
2021-22 PCHS Weekly School Schedule
What's Happening in Seminar?
This week, Stugo met and 9th graders started Round 2 of NWEA testing for the year.
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
2021-22 PCHS Calendar: Check out the 2021-22 school year calendar here!
- May 20 - Seniors' Last Day!
- May 30 - No School - Memorial Day
- June 1 - Senior Awards Night
- June 2 - Graduation Rehearsal & Senior All Night Party (7pm-1am)
- June 5 - PCHS Class of 2022 Graduation - 10am @ Pirate Stadium
- June 7 - Half Day (7:30-10:55am)
- June 8 - Half Day (7:30-10:55am) & Last Day of 2021-22 School Year!
Upcoming Week's Athletic Schedule - Go Pirates!!
If you have any questions please let your counselor know:
Ms. Robinson (A-Le) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Perales (Li- Z) - email@example.com
PCHS Summer School
If a student would like to pursue credit recovery over the summer, there will be a mandatory meeting on June 1st at 7pm for parents and students in PATHFINDER Room 404/405, near the Board of Ed entrance on the Pathfinder Campus. You will be registering for classes that evening, so please bring along the attached forms and payment. Below is a message from our Summer School Mentor, Ms. Kim Cummins.
Hello Pirate Families,
I am Kim Cummins, the mentor for credit recovery this summer. I am looking forward to meeting you on June 1st at 7PM for the mandatory meeting at Pathfinder Room 404/405 through the Board of Education entrance on the Pathfinder Campus.
The Q&A below is designed to serve as a reference for what you can expect from your summer school experience.
What is credit recovery?
● Summer classes run 10 weeks
● Classes start June 3, Classes end August 12 at 11:59 PM
● The end date of August 12 is a hard deadline; there are no extensions.
● Classes are asynchronous and all content is front end loaded (Yes! You can work ahead!!!)
● All courses have a pacing guide, broken down by week to keep you on track!
● As soon as you are registered you can begin working on your class. Please get started
now. Do not wait until our first in-person check-in.
Do I have to pay for summer classes? / How much does it cost?
● The cost of an Essentials version (credit recovery class) is $107.50
● The cost of a Plus class (credit advancement) is $162.50
●You need to pay for your class by June 24, 2022, or you will be dropped from the course. This charge will be added to your student account on MiStar.
● If you determine the program is not for you, classes need to be dropped by June 24 or
you will be charged.
What are the student expectations?
● All summer school students must check-in IN PERSON for a minimum of 3 hours a week in Pathfinder Room 404/405 on the Pathfinder Campus.Copy of Credit Recovery Calendar
● The first check-in will be the week of June 13th.
● It is critical for students to check their email daily, communication from Michigan Virtual
and their Mentor will come through email.
● Students are expected to follow class pacing guides, completing assignments and
assessments in order.
What can I expect from my Michigan Virtual Teacher?
● All academic support and instruction will be provided by the Michigan Virtual teacher
● If you are struggling with course content, reach out to your teacher ASAP, ten weeks will
go by quickly, so don't allow yourself to get behind!
● All grading is done by the MV teacher (teachers have 72 hours M-F) to complete grading
● MV teachers have 24 hours (M-F) to respond to email.
*If you are a student with a 504 or IEP, your documentation will be sent to your instructor.
Is there tutoring help available?
● Yes! This is brand new through Michigan Virtual!!! When you are logged into Brightspace (MV's learning management system), there will be a “Tutor Services” link on the top menu bar. Click there for help!
What can I expect from my Summer School Mentor (Ms. Kim Cummins)?
● Face-to-face weekly progress meetings.
● I will work to support you and keep you on track so you can successfully complete your
● I will help facilitate communication between you and Michigan Virtual if needed
● I provide passwords so you can access tests and quizzes. It may take up to 24 hours for
me to secure passwords from instructors so please plan ahead.
● If parents are looking for progress/grade updates please feel free to email me and
request that information.
● I will be checking my email on Tuesday through Thursday each week, that will be the most expeditious way to get in
touch with me this summer firstname.lastname@example.org.
● I look forward to working with you this summer!
Local Employment Opportunities
Pinckney Community Schools: https://pinckneypirates.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Come work with us!! Here at PCHS, we are hiring the following:
- Math Teacher
- Special Ed Teacher
- Computer Science Teacher
- Main Office Secretary
- and coming soon: Math Interventionist, and more!
If you know someone who would thrive in a small learning community environment focused on student connection, empowerment, and preparedness for life beyond high school, send them our way!
- Full-Day Schedule: 7:30am-2:30pm
- Half-Day Schedule: 7:30am-10:55am
- Friday Early Release Schedule: 7:30am-1:09pm
- PCHS is a closed campus. Only those approved to leave the building (i.e. for CTE, Dual Enrollment, Co-Op, sign-out) may exit the building during school hours through the North or South entrance. This is in service of ensuring all students are safely where they should be!
- If running late to school, students need to park in the Main Entrance lot (South side) in order to sign in at the Main Office. The North doors will be locked after 7:45am.
- Students are now assigned parking spots as a part of purchasing a parking pass. Make sure you're parking in your spot!
- PCS Transportation Code of Conduct
- 7th-12th Grade PCS 2021-22 Student Handbook