The A-O Insider
Not all heroes wear capes.
Week at a Glance Makeover
First Fire Drill! Wednesday morning at 10:00. Please review your building evacuation plans.
Our attendance incentive for the movie and popcorn party starts Monday and ends October 14. If you are unsure about a student's attendance, please ask Crystal. If a student comes to school late or leaves early but has a doctor's note, it will be excused. Angie and Sesha figured out that the marker can be wiped off with hand sanitizer.
The mandated trainings and yearly requirements were emailed on Friday. Please keep track of your own completion. They should be done by March 1st.
Thank you to...
- Gwyn for rocking her Bomber Diggity speech and making everyone feel appreciated.
- everyone for being patient with picture day!
- Cora for recognizing the birthday of the national anthem.
- Audra and Tanya for all of your hard work in a busy first week of Title and RtI.
Readworthy for the week
- "Use your words." http://technicallyteamann.com/use-your-words-taketwo/
- "How I'm teaming up with parents" https://blog.classdojo.com/classroom-notes-partnering-with-parents/
- "Why Punishment Won't Stop a Bully" http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2016/09/07/why-punishment-wont-stop-a-bully.html?cmp=soc-edit-tw
- "The Power of Yet..." https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/its-all-details-strengths-based-approach-growth-nancy-weinstein
Coming up . . .
Sept. 19 - Panera - Thank you motivational team!
Sept. 20 - Kindergarten classes to Children's Museum (Hornsby and Swanson)
Sept. 21 - 10:00 Fire Drill
Sept. 21 - 2:00 student dismissal for staff professional development
Sept. 22 - First grade to Children's Museum, 2nd grade to Radar Farm, 5th Grade Band Recruitment Night
Sept. 23 - Kindergarten classes to Children's Museum (Ford and Neisslie), Cheer clinic, Midterms sent home
Sept. 26 - School Improvement
Sept. 30 - PBIS Celebration
Happy birthday to you!
Cheryl England - Sept. 18
Bud Aubert - Sept. 22
Lucy Ford - Sept. 22
Karla Fleming - Sept. 28