Mrs. Latta's News
A Peek at Our Week
This week we are reading a famous Grimm's Fairy Tale "The Fisherman and his Wife".
We will be working on many reading strategies this week using this story including Cause and Effect, theme and sequence of events.
There will be a Fisherman and his Wife test this Friday! It will be open book. The text is printed in a packet that they can take home if they want to reread it before the test.
We are continuing to make our way through topic 15 this week. We are learning about perimeter and making tables. We will not have a test this week over math.
I am trying to keep edmodo updated with math games and activities the kids can play when they have spare time.
We are beginning our chapter on MATTER this week. We will start by learning important vocabulary. We will not have a science test this week.
- We will exchange Valentine's Cards/treats THIS THURSDAY THE 13TH. I know this is a day early but since I will be out on Friday the kids and I decided it would be better to celebrate together on Thursday :) I apologize for the switch.
- Also, THIS THURSDAY is CRAZY SOCK DAY, we earned this treat for earning $30 per lap in the fun run!
- Thursday the 13th is also FUN RUN AT 10:00 AM!
THURSDAY IS A BUSY DAY!! BUT FULL OF FUN :)
- February 17- President's Day- No School
You guys are great and we appreciate your help with this project!
Mrs. Latta's Class Needs...
- Bacterial wipes (we are down to one last container)
- Black pens-we use these all the time and they disappear like socks in a dryer ;) If you have any extra black pens at home that you could send in that would be great!
- BABY WIPES-the kids may have told you that we started using our desks as paper, on some occasions. This means we need baby wipes to clean the desks.