Summit High School
We hope that you have enjoyed your first two days of school.
- Breakfast, lunch and supper will be provided and are free to our students. Breakfast will be served starting at 7:45 AM.
- If you need a schedule change, please see the below for the QR code to make your request.
- Just a reminder that Wednesdays are minimum days, and lunch will be determined by your 5th period class rather than your 4th period class. School gets out at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- There are 2 Student/Staff Entrances. The Knox gate will no longer be open. Students may enter through the Faculty Dining Room, next to the Cafeteria, in the North Parking Lot or through the front gate near the Administration Building/South Parking Lot through the Hall of Fame. You will need to pass through our Thermal Scanner located at both entrances. Gates will open at 7:45 AM. A map of these entrances can be found here.
- Masks are required indoors and are optional outdoors. Students, please be sure to have your mask on prior to entering your classrooms. We are still encouraging social distancing, although it is not required.
- Students, we are no longer able to print the Student Handbook. Please click HERE to download the Handbook. Please take special note of our Dress Code and Hat Policy. We know it’s hot outside, but please adhere to our dress code. Only Summit hats or plain (no logo) blue, grey, black or white hats may be worn. Buy your Summit gear at our ASB Bookkeeper’s Office.
- IMPORTANT: Parents, your student’s Acceptable Use Agreement must be completed. Without this form, students will not be able to access their laptop. This form can be accessed through Q Parent Connect. Please see the attachment for detailed instructions. If you have any difficulties, please contact one of our Secretaries for assistance: 9th Graders call Stacey at (909) 357-5950 ext. 15111; 10th and 11th Graders call Anna at(909) 357-5950 ext. 15104; 12th Graders call Corrina at (909) 357-5950 ext. 15378
- Please mark your calendars for Back to School Night on August 17th at 6:00 PM. More information to follow. It will be held in-person on campus.
- If you were unable to make the Student Business Days/Freshmen Orientation you can pick-up your textbooks from the library before or after school this week.
- Make-up picture day for ID cards and yearbook photos will be on August 18th. You can take your picture during your English class or during lunch.
- ASB Packages are now available! Save money on purchasing a package for your yearbook, dance tickets, spirit items, etc. All the details are here. Any additional questions regarding ASB packages reach out to our amazing ASB Bookkeeper Magaly at: LeonMG@fusd.net.
- SENIORS!!! Senior pictures will be held on campus September 6th-10th and no need to make appointments- you are already scheduled by last name from 3 PM- 7 PM. Here are the appointments: A-E: 9/6/21; F-J: 9/7/21; K-O: 9/8/21; P-T: 9/9/21; U-Z: 9/10/11. Click here more details about portrait packages.
- If you purchased a yearbook last year- yearbooks are here! Stop by the ASB bookkeeper before school, during lunch, or after school to pick it up!
- Freshmen/Sophomores: Don't forget that Link Crew is here for you! If you need any assistance or support reach out to Link Leaders. They will be wearing their aqua shirts on the first day of school- ask any of them and they will walk you to your class if you get lost on campus. Also, ANYTIME you need anything stop by Mrs. K's classroom (Room C-104) and a Link Leader will be there for you. You can also email Mrs. K at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our first football game will be at home on Thursday, August 19th at 7:00 PM. For you new SkyHawks, our home games are played at A.B. Miller High School. Come on out and support our fantastic football team!
We’d like to suggest that you regularly check Summit’s website. We’re working diligently to keep you informed about what’s happening on campus. Also, if you have any suggestions to make our website better, more user friendly, etc., please let us know. We’re always open to suggestions.
As always, we are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
I’m so looking forward to seeing all of you!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
2021-2022 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade Administrative Designee
9th Grade Assistant Principal
ASB/Student Activities Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: M- Rog
Last names: ROJ - Z