The Cub Reporter
January 24, 2019
Dutch Fork Elementary School Academy of Environmental Sciences
DFES Goals 2018-2019
- Exceed family expectations in our communication, follow through, and student progress.
- Effective use of science kits and probes to enhance environmental science instruction
- Strengthen grade level data team processes to accelerate student growth
- Implementation of student-led conference across all grade levels (as identified in DFES strategic plan).
Dear DFES Families,
As we strive to make improvements to our school to ensure safety and efficiency in getting all students to school in a timely manner, please note that the front of the school is for buses only. Please refrain from dropping off students in the front parking area OR the church parking lot. All car riders must use the appropriate car line. If a student arrives at 7:50 or later, they must be walked into the front office and signed in.
We greatly appreciate your adherence to this policy as we continue to streamline our morning and afternoon routine for the safety of all concerned.
From the Health Room
Strep & flu season is here! To avoid spreading these very contagious diseases, if your child has a fever, is feeling feverish, has the chills, cough & runny nose, stay home. Please also consult with your physician for diagnosis & treatment. Follow your physicians care directions by having your student rest & avoid contact with others for at least 24 hours after the fever has subsided to avoid spreading the flu. Please communicate all flu diagnosis with the front office as this is monitored closely by DHEC. Please also forward your students return to school permission forms from your students’ physician paying close attention to their specified return to school date. Should students return prior to their return date, parents will be contacted to pick up their student.
Please also be aware that students being sent to the health room with muddy clothes, will be asked to return to their classrooms to avoid unnecessary germ exposure/contact in the health room. If your student frequently falls in the mud please consider having an extra change of clothing in their backpack.
Mother/Son Dance Jan.26 See below for details
See invite below for Strings Concert
The date is set for our Father/Daughter dance- see below for details
LOST AND FOUND
From the School Counselor...
In an effort to support our students and our DFES beliefs, we are planning a year-long focus on character education at our school. Each month, we will have a new theme and students will be putting that trait into practice here at school. We will also share ways to support your child’s social and emotional learning in that area at home. The following is a list of our upcoming Essential Eight themes, which were created based on staff input of what we would like all students to “know and show” at DFES. Please help us to grow good character in our students by discussing these themes as you talk with your child about the day’s events, watch movies as a family and read with your child every day.
January: Growth Mindset
April: Positive Communication
Sara Beckman, School Counselor
Tag of Honor Schedule
3rd 8:05-8:55 am
2nd 9:05-9:55 am
5th 10:05-10:55 am
1st 12:20-1:10 pm
PK 8:15-9:15 am
K 9:30-10:30 am
- 1/25 Learning Celebration (McDermott 1:45)
- 1/25 Report Cards go home
- 1/26 80's Glow Mother/Son Dance (5-8 pm)
- 1/28 Great Kindness Challenge begins
- 1/28 Board Meeting (Dutch Fork Middle 7 pm)
- 1/29 Strings Concert (CRIS @ 6:15 pm)
- 1/30 Early Release @ 11:40 am
- 2/1 Tag of Honor (1-5 grade) see schedule
- 2/4 Tag of Honor (4K-5K) see schedule
- 2/6 2nd Cup of Coffee 7:30 am
- 2/6 Author visit
- 2/8 Learning Celebration (8:15 Claytor)
- 2/11 Board Meeting (Irmo High 7 pm)
- 2/13 SIC Meeting (6 pm)
- 2/15 Spring and class Pictures