July 28, 2020
A Note from Rhonda:
Shalom is so ready to get back to school! We have been gearing up and can hardly wait to see the children walking through the doors!! We will have some new rules that you can read below on our Covid safety precautions, but we are praying that we have smooth start up and we all stay healthy and happy!
Parents please read the notes below carefully. I have included not only our Covid return to school plan, but also, how to find your child's school supply list, workbooks that need to be ordered immediately to have on time, school lunch plans, required school t-shirts and ways to help us raise money for our school. We still have some student positions open that we need to fill. You can help by referring your friends and family to Faithful and also participating in all the fundraisers to help us advertise.
Thank you all for trusting us with your beautiful children. We pray daily for each of them to have a happy, healthy school year!
Please read each carefully!
1. Running Start is Thursday, August 6th. We have provided two show up times for your convenience. Please come to the AM time if you do not work so that we can stagger everyone. 10:00am-12:00pm or 4:30-6:30 pm for anyone that needs to come after work. All students should plan to come to school on this day. Kids should look forward to a Meet and Greet with their teachers, refreshments and school business such as, assigning new student emails, picking out school t-shirts, putting away school supplies and touring their new classrooms!
First day of School is August 10th, 8:00 am! Your child can be dropped off as early as 7:15 am. They may bring breakfast in, however, we do sell donuts, poptarts and juice in the snack bar. Chapel starts at exactly 8:00 am. Don't be late!
If you have not already downloaded the Faithful school calendar you might want at this time! This is the link to the Year at a Glance calendar and this is the link to the Monthly calendar. We will have a much more detailed, fun packed monthly calendar on our home page once school starts.
2. Our Covid Return to School Policy is now posted on our website.
The health of our students, teachers and families remains our top priority and we will implement measures to protect us all. All measures are subject to change based on federal, state and local directives. Keeping our campus open for learning will require cooperation and support from ALL of our families. We know our Faithful community is up to the task and we are counting on you to do your part to support this process. Keeping your children at home when they are not feeling well is essential.
Please follow this link and read the full policy carefully. Please contact the school with any questions.
3. The link to your child's School supply list is below. Student tribes have changed from last year so please read your private ClassDOJO message to find your childs tribe.
After you are sure of your child's tribe, click on the specific Tribe link :
Please note: there will be no shared supplies used this year (covid). It is essential that your child has their own pencil box or bag. All school supplies should be brought to Running Start. Make sure your child's name is on each item. Your students will be assigned cubbies at running start to put all of their items in.
Textbook/Workbook List is included also. Books need to be ordered and the children need to bring to class on or before Monday August 17th. (second week of school)
- Dan(K) link - Elementary
- Dan link - Elementary
- Levi link - Intermediate
- Asher link - Middle
- Reuben link - Lower High school
- Judah link - Upper High school
4. School Lunch Plans are as follows. Faithful will continue to bring in Chick-fil-a and Dominos Pizza for lunch 2 days a week. Students will bring in the order form and exact change on the day they wish to order. Students must order by 7:50 am. We are working on possibly adding a hamburger day and a taco day for the other two days. We will pass on that information shortly. Lunch order forms will be given to you at Running start.
5. New School t-shirts will be for sale at Running start! We are so excited about our new colors and designs! We will have a new required field trip shirt and a new required service day shirt, to wear on community service days! We will also have a few different styles of school spirit t-shirts that students can wear daily. Last but not least, we didn't forget about you parents either! We have parent t-shirts this year! We hope everyone will buy a bag full of school t-shirts at Running Start! This will be our first fundraiser for the year. It's a great way to support our school and buy less school clothes! This is a sneak peak at some of our designs!
4. Free Money for the School! Box Tops for Education is one easy way to help our school out!
This is super easy to rack up some donations for the school without buying anything different than you do now! Check out this awesome offer below! Join me in uploading your receipts each time you shop! The offer at Kroger this month is awesome! You can purchase school supplies and get your 5 boxtops in and just like that $5 goes to the school! Please participate!