Davis Richmond E-News
February 27, 2020
TEACHER WORK DAY = NO SCHOOL
There will be no school for students TOMORROW, Friday. Our teachers have a work day to complete report cards and to plan for learning experiences.
NEWS FROM OUR PTO
PTO MEETING - March 4th - 7:00pm, Davis LRC
Please join us at our March PTO meeting to review the year and determine next year's budget and fundraising plans. If you haven’t been to a meeting this is a great one to attend so you can have important input on next years’ plans. Hope to see you there!
TIGERS HAVE TALENT - Talent Show March 20th
We are still looking for some extra hands to help make the talent show a success. Click here to view and sign up for volunteer opportunities. Each volunteer will receive two premium reserved seats! https://davisrichmondpto.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer/61202
Tigers Have Talent is our PTO-sponsored talent show fundraiser that gives students a chance to perform on stage in a fun, non-competitive environment. For more info and to register your act, click here:
Tigers Have Talent 2020- Participant Registration
Tigers Have Talent Details 2020
Have you ordered your Yearbook? On sale now through the Push Coin account https://store.d303.org/?YCY57LFFT5=P7N5447C7C
DAVIS PRIMARY NEWS
SPRING TRAINING FOR INCOMING KDG
Our 1st Spring Training for Kdg Event is next Monday, March 2nd, from 6:00 - 7:00pm or Tuesday, March 3rd, from 9:30 - 10:30am.
If you have an incoming kdg student or know of one, encourage them to contact our office for more information.
AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT: WHAT A SUCCESS!
Thank you to Allison Thomas and Lori Dieter, our Enrichment Coordinators, and their staff, parent helpers, and community groups who provided a wonderful month of activity. Our students enjoyed dance, painting, taekwondo, yoga, cooking, woodwork, soccer, Spanish, pet, and board game experiences.
RICHMOND INTERMEDIATE NEWS
CARE Meeting Focus for March: Hotspots
Hotspots are areas of the school that are less structured than the classroom setting. This includes recess, lunch and bathrooms. In March, we will continue to build skills in students when in these hot spots. This includes
- Demonstrating care and respect throughout the school
- Being honest and making good decisions
- Using a variety of strategies to solve problems
Students often identify problems in hotspots. The month of March teachers will work with students on how to apply problem solving skills when they encounter a hotspot problem.
Monday, Mar 2
- Spring Training for Kdg from 6:00-7:00pm in Davis Cafeteria
Tuesday, Mar 3
- Spring Training for Kdg from 9:30 - 10:30am in Davis Cafeteria
Wednesday, Mar 4
- PTO Meeting in Davis LRC from 7:00 - 8:00pm
Tuesday, Mar 10
- 3rd Grade Sing at Richmond from 6:00 - 7:00pm
Friday, Mar 20
- Tigers Have Talent at Richmond Gym at 6:30pm
Saturday, Mar 28 - Sunday, Apr 5
- Spring Break
Monday, Apr 6
- School Resumes
Monday, Apr 6
- 2nd Spring Training Event for Incoming Kdg from 6:00 - 7:00pm at Davis
Tuesday, Apr 7
- 2nd Spring Training Event for Incoming Kdg from 9:30 - 10:30am at Davis
Thursday, Apr 16
- McTeacher Night at McDonald’s from 4:00 - 7:00pm
Tuesday, Apr 21
- 2nd to 3rd Grade Parent Transition Night at Richmond from 6:30 - 7:30pm
Tuesday, April 28
- STEAM Night at Richmond at 6:30pm