Fifth Grade Newsletter
September 13, 2018
Class T-shirts - Due Tomorrow!
- Absent/Late: If your child is going to absent or arrive late due to an appointment, please email the teacher as well as Mrs. Hurwich at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
- Appointments: a doctor’s note is required for an appointment to be excused and must be submitted to the office within 3 days of the appointment
- A parent note/email or doctor note must be provided for an absence or it will remain unexcused
- See FISD Attendance Guidelines at https://www.friscoisd.org/about/resources-and-information/school-attendance for more details
Choir Sign Up
Please check out this link if your child wants to be in choir!
Pine Cove Camp/Meeting 9/18
As you know, this is the year for 5th Grade Camp. Pine Cove Timbers in Tyler, Texas is the site of this amazing outdoor learning opportunity for students. Students will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on activities that will develop their awareness, appreciation, and understanding of the outdoor environment. It is an extension of our classroom. The camp curriculum is aligned with the State and the camp staff is outstanding; and you can feel good about your child’s participation in this enriching opportunity.
A Pine Cove parent information meeting will be held September 18th from 6:00 - 7:00 pm, but in the mean time, we wanted to give you some information so you can plan ahead.
- The dates for camp are Wednesday, November 14 through Friday, November 16.
- The cost for the camp is $153 per child and $20 transportation fee. Payment is due on Oct. 15.
- Students are supervised the entire time by camp personnel, chaperones, and teachers.
- If you are interested in being a chaperone and have not yet signed up, please contact Mrs. Baril at email@example.com (chaperones chosen at random mid Oct. and background checks must be done by Oct.1) Chaperone fee is approx. $80.
- Students stay in nice cabins with a/c, heat, and private showers.
- All meals are included. Dietary restrictions are accomodated and can be designated here http://bit.ly/2vqKReU If you questions about dietary needs please contact Mrs. Baril at firstname.lastname@example.org
All other questions regarding Pine Cove will be addressed in our informational meeting on Sept. 18.
Reading- Summarizing fiction text
Writing- Personal narratives
Science- Mixtures and Solutions
Social Studies- Colonization in America
September 11- Green Team Application Due
September 14 - Dot Day
September 18 - Pine Cove Information Meeting
September 25 - Picture Day and DI meeting
October 5 & 8- No school
October 10 & 11 - CogAT testing