District-wide ENews Notes
March 9, 2023
Tues., Mar. 14 - Budget Study Session (followed by a regular Board of Education Meeting), BOE Rm., 6 p.m.
Mon., Mar. 20 - HFLEA Executive Committee Meeting, High School, 3:15 p.m.
Tues., Mar. 21 - District Health & Safety Committee Meeting, 3:45 p.m.
Wed., Mar. 22 - Senior Citizens' Musical Matinee and Luncheon, Middle School Cafe. & District Aud., 1 p.m.
Thurs., Mar. 23 - Fri., March 24 - Guys and Dolls, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 25 - Guys and Dolls, District Aud., 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Tues., Mar. 28 - Board of Education Meeting, BOE Rm., 7 p.m.
**NOTE: Please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
The District's next steps are go through all the thoughts and ratings of the exchange, share the results with staff and the HF-L community, and then determine what this looks like in HF-L.
Again, thank you so much for contributing to our success and growth. Your participation in the process was invaluable.
Vacation Care registration for April Break is now open. Please add this to your daily and weekly announcements. Registration closes on March 27.
Link to register may be found here: https://www.familyid.com/hfl-community-programs/cougar-vacation-care-april-3-6-2023
Spring 2023 Classes through HF-L Community Programs
Online registration is now open for Spring 2023 classes through HF-L Community Programs.
- Online registration is now open for Spring 2023 classes through HFL Community Programs. Check out the website for the class listings. http://ow.ly/y35U50N6lqb
- Horsemanship Program - A horsemanship program for youth ages 7 and up. Participants will experience the World of Horses by learning how to groom, tack, walk, ride and communicate with horses. Participants will also learn horse care and feeding. Barn location is 6565 E River Rd, Rush. For more information and to register click on link: https://registration.hflcsd.org/searchResults.cfm?couID=481
Check out the website for the class listings.
Sports Boosters Spring Apparel Sale
Join the HF-L Team
Want a fun and rewarding job for the summer? Summer Rec is hiring Junior Counselors. For more information regarding the responsibilities and credentials stop by the Community Programs Office or go to the HFL Community Website. Applications to apply are available online through the link below.
Senior Citizens' Luncheon and Performance
HF-L CSD Partners with Paper
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to continue its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library Ongoing Programs:
- Story Time Tuesdays, 10:00-10:30 AM Preschool Story Time at the Library open to preschoolers and their caregivers. Join Miss Kelly for songs, stories, and simple crafts each Tuesday.
- Paws to Relax Tuesdays, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Tech Training Wednesdays, 3:00 - 6:00 PM Knit Nook Thursdays, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
Mendon Public Library Special Programs:
- Grupo Cultural Latinos Carnival Event Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:00am - 11:45 am. (all ages)
- Meditation Mondays: Guided Meditation Series with Lori Monday, March 13, 2023, 6:30am - 7:30 pm. (teen/adults)
- Book Talk by Local Author: "Provocative Mothers and Their Precocious Daughters: 19th Century Women's Rights Leaders." Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 6:30pm - 7:30pm (teen/adults)
- Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body Thursday, March 16, 2023, 1:00pm - 2:00 pm (adults)
- There's More to the Story: MPL Stained Glass Window Mini Mural Project, Thursday, March 16, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM (all ages)
- Mendon Public Library Friday Movies - Brooklyn, Friday, March 17, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Tuesday Travel Talk: How to Plan Your Dream Disney Vacation, Tuesday, March 21, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM (adults)
- Excellus One-Hour Medicare Q&A, Thursday, March 23, 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM (adults)
HF-L Youth Wrestling Golf Tournament
Livingston County Summer Youth Employment Program
Eligibility is based on AGE, INCOME, and RESIDENCY.
Applicants in foster care or applicants in households that receive cash assistance, Medicaid, HEAP, SSI, and SNAP are automatically eligible! It's important to know, an applicant with a disability is no longer considered a "Family of One" for income purposes.
The application can be downloaded at http://www.livingstoncounty.us/youth_employment
Applications in Spanish are available upon request.
There are quick links on our website to replace a social security card, birth certificate, and steps to obtain a work permit including the application they would normally obtain from the high school.
We are in the process of scheduling the interviews at each of the 10 school districts serving Livingston County youth. Once we have those May dates scheduled we will post them on the website and mail them to applicants.