A Look Ahead to the Week
Winter Rave - 2016
The dance is Friday night from 7:30pm - 11:30pm in the Aux. Gym and only high school students are allowed to attend.
Bad Joke of the Week
How Much Do You S'now About Snow?
- It's a myth that no two snowflakes are the same. A scientist found two identical flakes from a storm in Wisconsin in 1988.
- Each year in the U.S., an estimated 1 Septillion ice crystals fall from the sky. More specifically, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 crystals.
- There's a difference between snowstorms and blizzards. To be categorized as a blizzard, there must be 35mph winds and less than .25mi visibility.
- Igloos really work! The insides of igloos can be almost 100 degrees warmer inside than outside.
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
Monday, January 11
Tuesday, January 12
- HS Swimming vs. Mater Dei and Central at 5:30pm
- JH Boys Basketball vs. Hancock County at 5:30pm
Wednesday, January 13
- Staff Meeting after school in auditorium
Thursday, January 14
- House/GO RED Activities: Spanish Club - Auditorium, Robotics - Room 614
- 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Heritage Hills at 5:30
Friday, January 15
- Zero-Demerit Movie for JH students - Auditorium in afternoon
- Winter Dance - Aux. Gym from 7:30pm - 11:30pm
Saturday, January 16
- C Team Boys Basketball vs. Perry Central at 12:00pm
- Renaissance Spaghetti Dinner in cafeteria from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- HS Boys Basketball vs. South Spencer at 5:30pm
Sunday, January 17
Menu (January 11 - 15)
- Breakfast - pop tart, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - hot dog, french fries, carrot sticks with dip, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - breakfast sandwich, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, green beans, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - breakfast pizza, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - turkey sandwich, broccoli w/dip, baked chips, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - beef vegetable soup, grilled cheese, veggies w/ dip, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - waffles, sausage, juice/milk
- Lunch - pizza, corn, salad, cookies, fruit/milk
Bad Joke answer
Many thanks to senior Hailey Carman! If you have a joke that you want to submit, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might make it onto the Minute!